Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paint suggestions (Read 104 times)
noshow
YaBB Newbies

Paint suggestions
05/22/10 at 20:43:51

Hey all,

I have a 2006 s40. After replacing the rear signals from a mishap in the garage...., I managed to scratch up the rear fender getting the side bars on and off. It isn't that bad, but i'm hoping to patch it myself, rather than having the entire rear fender painted.

Any suggestions?........both sides, middle screw hole  going down , about a 1 1/2 inch long scratch on both left and right sides.......

Its not that noticeable going down the road, but it bothers me enough to want to cover it...

The color is a sky blue, but I think they called it vapor silver or something odd like that on the title. I've never seen any silver look to it myself....

Can I match the paint using some type of marker, brush on, roll on,  OEM ? from the dealer..... auto-zone, walmart....ect ect

Anything at all would help me out.

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Re: Paint suggestions
Reply #1 - 05/22/10 at 21:02:52

I may not be much help, but here goes...

I dunno if Suzuki offers touch-up paint. (Prolly not, but they should!)

You could take a chance on finding something close to match up, maybe a trip to AutoZone (or your favorite local parts place) and see what they got.

You could also take your bike to a GOOD bodyshop and they have tools that can scan your paint and match it up. Pretty cool technology! You can then have some paint mixed up to use for touch ups, the downside being you may have to buy a pint or quart at minimum. It will last for several years if sealed up & in a controlled environment though.

IP Logged
JESPOKER4FUN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Henderson, NV
Reply #2 - 05/23/10 at 01:36:51

You can oder OEM touch up pen from ColorRite.

www.colorrite.com

IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #3 - 05/23/10 at 03:17:03

Depending if the scratch is just in the clear, or down to the metal, you may get by with having it buffed out.  Check with a body shop, or someone that knows how to do it.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #4 - 05/23/10 at 05:02:23

If it's just in the clear for about 5-8 you can also get scratch remover.. It's just kinda a clear coat/wax that you can put on and will sort of hide the scratch alittle, but not perfectly.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
noshow
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 05/24/10 at 20:24:00

JESPOKER4FUN wrote on 05/23/10 at 01:36:51:
You can oder OEM touch up pen from ColorRite.

www.colorrite.com

Thanks all for the tips. I went with this option and with shipping...it only will cost me about 20 bucks. Lets cross fingers it does the trick but im thinking it will be perfect. I thought about buffing but i was abit rough on the removal, that I went past what buffing would/could do.

That last 2 bolt2  from under the fender is what got me.....sneaky little boogers....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:05:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Paint suggestions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.