Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Another Noob Question-White Spacer (Read 347 times)
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Another Noob Question-White Spacer
05/19/10 at 22:14:36

I see lots of references to white spacer mod.

Is this the same spacer that is in Lancers Jetkit?  Why is the mod called White Spacer?  only 1 white spacer in carb?

Sorry, I am about to rejet this weekend, and getting nervous.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Another Noob Question-White Spacer
Reply #1 - 05/19/10 at 22:32:40

quote:
Why is the mod called White Spacer?
-----------------------------------------
Maybe cuz its white ? Grin
I'm not familiar w/ the jet kit, but I do know that trimming the white spacer, will raise the main metering rod in the main jet, which in turn richens the fuel delivery at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle range,......and possibly the entire range ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #2 - 05/20/10 at 06:21:45

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 05/19/10 at 22:14:36:
I see lots of references to white spacer mod.

Is this the same spacer that is in Lancers Jetkit?  Why is the mod called White Spacer?  only 1 white spacer in carb?

Sorry, I am about to rejet this weekend, and getting nervous.

Lancer's Jetkit includes 4 washers (I think there are 4) that you use to replace the stock plastic spacer (that happens to be white). there is only one white space in the carb.

Lancer supplies you with 4 washers so that you can easily change the size. so you can just remove a washer instead of sanding down the plastic white spacer.

i'm not 100% on this, but i'm pretty sure the mod affects the 1/8th to 3/4 open throttle range.

I haven't done the mod yet myself (though i've done 2-3 rejets) as the washers didn't fit just right when i got them Sad.

check out this post:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1273767603/0#0

it isn't our carb, but pretty darn close. the tuning should be exactly the same.

there are tons of carb related posts on the site, just have a look around!

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #3 - 05/20/10 at 08:04:08

Ace Hardware has a #4 nylon spacer that as near as I can tell is about 1/2 to 2/3 the size of stock. I got a jet kit from Lancer and haven't used the metal washers because the spacer mod was the first thing I did. I'm a mile high (which makes me run richer) so I don't know that I even needed to go with the spacer mod. Since I have a pretty open pipe and K&N drop in filter I'm probably just fine.
Don't get nervous...just go slow and learn about your bike.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #4 - 05/20/10 at 20:47:42

so can i access the white spacer from bottom of the carb?  Where is this spacer... anyone with picture of it?

Thanks.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #5 - 05/20/10 at 21:03:34

I can't remember if you get it from the top or the bottom, but i guarantee you won't mistake it for something else.

it's the only white disc on a large ~4" needle.

BurnPgh helped me take with it a  while ago and now i can't remember...

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #6 - 05/20/10 at 21:08:03

Thank you... i hope i can get to it from bottom. I am not planing on taking the carb off the bike.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #7 - 05/20/10 at 21:17:40

Sorry, you get at it from the top !
Its #4 in the view. For just the spacer mod, all you have to do is take the tank off,......and the top of the carb.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #8 - 05/20/10 at 21:31:04

Thanks!!!! so just take tank off... spacer mod.

Drop bowl... rejet.

Perfect.  Sounds quick and easy.  I really want to ride... have so much to work on this weekend (remounting the muffler and taking off the stuff not needed and getting ready to go bobber soon)

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #9 - 05/21/10 at 06:25:04

But, let me caution you, (this IMO only) don't.....I repeat, don't just start start throwin mods and jets at your carb,.....w/o some evidence that it needs them. More than one person here has not had the best results from moding/jetting unnecessarily.

In my case, I had a perfect idle, and very good throttle response thru the entire range. But I was running a ragged low end 1/8 to 1/3.....light load throttle,....so much so that it ran much better w/ the choke out on 1 click. The spacer mod only, corrected that problem to near perfect, and also shortened choke time when cold.

Rich
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #10 - 05/21/10 at 08:52:35

Thanks.  I am having major popping and low end throttle response after upgrading to HD muffler.  I really appreciate your warning.

By the way, can the spacer mod be done with tank still on the bike?  Maybe lifted/moved a little?

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/21/10 at 10:24:24

if I remember correctly - remove the throttle cable, fuel line and vent hoses. Loosen the flange(s) and turn it clockwise. Then you can access four screws on the top.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #12 - 05/21/10 at 10:56:21

Mine runs great and pulls all the way,Went one jet up on pilot jet and 2 jet sizes up on high speed. Left the spacer stock.Just have to drop the fuel bowl to get at them.I have stock muffler with 1/2 hole drilled up in the center,not much louder and doesn't sound good.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #13 - 05/21/10 at 13:05:22

I got to my spacer by just removing the seat. I had access to the 4 screws on the top of the carb right there. Replace those screws (for real) the heads strip really easily. Also once you pull the diaphram out be super duper careful when you start on the little bity screws down in there (that's how you get to the spacer). On mine one came out and the other stripped right away. I managed to get it off after my panic attack but replaced it with some little PC hard drive screws that (miracles of miracles) happened to fit.
Remember go slow with carb mods. If you really want to ride then ride and wait for a crummy day to do it.

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 05/21/10 at 20:20:20

1st time you'll want to pull the carb, but it can be done.
try twisting the carb to the side, but do remove the hoses and cables.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:05:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another Noob Question-White Spacer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.