Send Topic Print
Marvel Mystery Oil (Read 226 times)
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Marvel Mystery Oil
05/19/10 at 17:25:33

Has anyone ever used this product in their bike? I've used it in my cars and it did clean up the fuel system, also got a little better fuel mileage.
Just to be put in the fuel tank not in the motor oil in the bike.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Re: Marvel Mystery Oil
Reply #1 - 05/19/10 at 17:33:05

I just poured a little in my Ninja before I left to go on a 300 mi ride this morning. I'm 55 years old and I've been using it as long as I can remember. There are parts in a carb that could use a little lubrication and I believe it keeps the fuel system cleaner. I cant prove it works, cant prove it dont work but I believe in it enough to buy it and use it in my bikes and boat and lawn equipment.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 05/19/10 at 17:49:02

I to have used it in every thing ,don't know for sure what good it does ,
But it always looks cool sitting on my shelf in the garage.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #3 - 05/19/10 at 22:24:13

Has a cool name... so you can add in gas and oil?  even for oil in bikes?

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #4 - 05/20/10 at 03:49:58

I've used it in the gas and oil of my bikes for years. Like the others, I can't say for sure that it does any good; but it's never done my bikes any harm. It makes me feel better enough that I keep buying it.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #5 - 05/20/10 at 05:35:39

According to the MSDS I found, Marvel Mystery Oil contains 70 - 80% naptha; 20 - 30% mineral spirits; and 0 - 1% chlorinated hydrocarbons. It apparently has a little wintergreen added to make it smell mysterious and a little red dye to make it pretty.

It is said to have been invented about WWI by the same person who invented the Marvel Carburetor.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #6 - 05/20/10 at 05:44:46

I've never had a slide or float to stick in a carb while using Marvel. During the winter I always store my bikes with Marvel in the gas tank. I think its probably prevented trouble, especially this past winter. I went 4 months without riding. My Savage fired right up and ran perfectly the first time I cranked her this spring.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 05/20/10 at 07:20:06

I have always thought it smelled good and look pretty and also like the way it looks on the shelf.
I even use it from time to time !   Cheesy

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/20/10 at 07:44:13

I've also used it for years, using an upper cylinder lubricator.  MM Oil will not combust in the engine's cylinders. Whether you put it in a gas tank or an upper cylinder lubricator, in either case its vapor is drawn in past the intake valves, into the cylinder and pushed out through the exhaust valves, into the exhaust pipes.  Since it is an oil, it lubricates everything it comes in contact with.  Valve stems and seats, piston tops and cylinder walls all get lubricated from the vapor of this product.

I have a car who's compression ratio requires 91 octane gas, which is costly.  I wanted to use 87 octane. Problem is the combustion temps get too hot using 87, and pinging (pre-ignition/dieseling) occurs.  I solved the problem using MM oil and an upper cylinder lubricator.  The MM oil goes in the lubricator. It is connected via a hose, to a small, cheap transmission cooler radiator located in the airstream behind the front grille of the car. It then is connected via a hose to the intake manifold.  The MM oil is sucked by intake vacuum through the cooler into the combustion chamber.  Since it is cooled oil, it reduces the temp of the combustion in the cylinder, thus reducing the need for 91 octane gas. The car now runs on 87 without a problem.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 05/20/10 at 08:08:37

Yes I've used it for years also. Just bought a new bottle too. Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 05/20/10 at 08:35:23

I love the stuff...

but,... I miss the can...
Let's start a "Bring back the tin can" campaign.... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/20/10 at 10:00:27

I have been using marvel misery oil for years. In the 2 fuel injected bikes I had, (MotoGuzzis), I would put about half an ounce in the gas tank every second fill up. Kept the injector system clean.
In my shop I use it as a penetrating oil, cutting oil, and I load a hypodermic syringe with it to apply small amounts to tiny parts.
On my bikes it is the oil of preference for lubing cable runs and such.
BTW the wintergreen is in there to enhance penetrating ability, the smell is just an extra.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/20/10 at 10:53:59

Large sized Upper Cylinder Lubricator to be used with Marvel Mystery Oil.  The advantage is that you can regulate the amount visually through direct injection from intake vacuum:

Smaller ones here:
http://www.ampcolubes.com/index.php?content=products

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 05/20/10 at 12:53:15

does the whole thing fit on the bike ?
I remember my Dad always made a little chain lubing device for every bike he owned , just a drip feed from a can about the size of a can of
3 in one oil, a few drops an hour ,or put it up on the center stand and lube it every few days,then switch off.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/20/10 at 13:05:29

No. Its too big for a bike and even though they make smaller versions, you probably couldn't use it on the Savage.  The hose/tube that is used to allow the MM oil vapor to enter the cylinder, has to be fitted to an intake manifold or its adapter. That would mean precise fabrication of an adapter plate to be placed between the carburetor and the engine, and then you might encounter various other problems by doing that, like spacing issues.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 00:21:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Marvel Mystery Oil

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.