Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NEWB- get questions about S40 (Read 88 times)
race96red
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NEWB- get questions about S40
05/17/10 at 09:30:36

I just bought my wife this 06 S40 last week when she got her motorcycle license. Got to say it is a good bike.

I noticed it will backfire when she is down shifting or lets off the gas quickly. How do I fix that?

Also, the exhaust has got to go! It has a Jardine exhaust and she hates the sound. What is a good sounding exhaust that is not over the top? Does anyone have a stock exhaust that would like to trade for his Jardine?

Any mods that I can do to get a little more power?

Thanks

Ed

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: NEWB- get questions about S40
Reply #1 - 05/17/10 at 09:38:47

Jardine for a stocker?,.. Man, are you going to get offers...
I have three stockers, take your pic..
...but the stocker sounds like a sewing machine,.. most people go to a Harley bullet takeoff... sound good and cheap...
Where are you?...  The stock muffler weighs nearly 20lbs, so shipping will be a major cost... Try to find someone local...

PS,.. don't bother trying to tune out the backfires until you replace the muffler,... it'll change all over again...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
race96red
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 05/17/10 at 09:45:47

I'm in Durham, NC

She said that the exhaust is to loud and she would like a stock. We both have never heard a stock exhaust on this bike before. I will drill holes if she wants it a little louder.

I will pay for the shipping cost. I just need to make the wife happy and get her off my back. I don't know why she dont like the sound because she cant hear the bike over my Bike anyways. But thats what she wants.

Do you know anything about this backfire issue? Will that stop with a stock exhaust?

Thanks

Ed

IP Logged
race96red
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/17/10 at 09:46:32

Sorry, didnt read the entire rely...

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Reply #4 - 05/17/10 at 12:05:58

If screwbot didn't already take you up on it, I will.  I still have my stock exhaust and have been wanting to try out the jardine.  How do you want to make it work?

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #5 - 05/17/10 at 12:16:27

There are tons of post about the backfire issue if you do a search, but as Serowbot said, don't bother until you have the exhaust you want.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:20:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NEWB- get questions about S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.