Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike came home on the back of a wrecker (Read 109 times)
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Bike came home on the back of a wrecker
05/16/10 at 18:22:19

My daughter, fresh out of her MSF class, followed us on her '96 Savage 10 miles to a friend's house. No issues, bike ran well, except that she did have trouble finding neutral upon our arrival. When we departed she could not make the bike go. It could be made to shift into any gear, the clutch felt right, but upon releasing the clutch in any gear there was a nasty grinding. The bike came home on the back of a AAA wrecker.

We pulled the clutch cover and the belt drive sprocket cover. Nothing looked amiss on our recent clutch replacment (500 miles ago) or Verslavy modified cam chain tensioner install (800 miles ago). The oil we drained didn't look obviously bad (we could see no metal). When we put a socket on the clutch nut and turned it, the drive sprocket was not being driven (or very little and then the resistance 'slipped').

I'm not much of a mechanic and I've never been inside a transmission, but my guess is the transmission mainshaft? :'(     The bike has 13K miles, she's the third owner. Don't know its history, but it has been running and shifting well until today.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:19:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike came home on the back of a wrecker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.