Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Bike so Leaving the Community (Read 169 times)
nicka
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucson
New Bike so Leaving the Community
05/11/10 at 21:04:18

After 16 months of enjoyable riding I have sold the Savage and bought a 2007 Ninja 250.  I learned a lot from so many helpful people on this excellent forum and with Serowbot's help made the usual basic mods to the Savage to get it running nicely; never really killed the belt chirp though.  I will not be on this forum much from now on.  Thank you all for all the help, and entertainment - this is a great site.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: New Bike so Leaving the Community
Reply #1 - 05/11/10 at 21:14:15

A wise decision going with the little ninja,midnightrider has one and I used to have one,a fantastic little bike,it handles way better than the Savage,and is way faster.  Good luck mate ,drop in from time to time to say Hi.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 05/12/10 at 08:27:35

nicka wrote on 05/11/10 at 21:04:18:
After 16 months of enjoyable riding I have sold the Savage and bought a 2007 Ninja 250.  I learned a lot from so many helpful people on this excellent forum and with Serowbot's help made the usual basic mods to the Savage to get it running nicely; never really killed the belt chirp though.  I will not be on this forum much from now on.  Thank you all for all the help, and entertainment - this is a great site. http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu312/antrobi/th_IMG_5047.jpg

That a pretty bike,But you can fix that easy enough,Bob it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 05/12/10 at 09:33:11

You are one of those quiet guys, huh Nick.  I know... hanging out with Serowbot, you probably just decided to give up trying to get a word in.   Grin

But we'll miss you!  Good luck with the new bike.  It is a beauty!    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #4 - 05/12/10 at 09:36:55

Nick, no need to leave the forum, several members just add FSO (Former Savage Owner) to there name and stay on. He!! you don't even have to do that. I have noticed that this place is actually becoming more of a what-ever-you-ride forum than purely a Savage forum.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #5 - 05/12/10 at 09:37:17

Enjoy the new ride, but feel free to come back and visit. Once a Savage, always a Savage.

Ride safe

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/12/10 at 09:41:41

babyhog wrote on 05/12/10 at 09:33:11:
You are one of those quiet guys, huh Nick.  I know... hanging out with Serowbot, you probably just decided to give up trying to get a word in.   Grin 

I heard that... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #7 - 05/12/10 at 11:53:20

Enjoy!  Variety is the spice of riding!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #8 - 05/12/10 at 12:59:13

You'll never find a "ninja" site with a variety of topics to stir the blood as we have here Wink

Ride on and ride safe.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #9 - 05/12/10 at 17:41:38

Congratulations on a great purchase. My little Ninja averages 69mpg. Riders are reporting getting 10,000mi tire mileage. Its almost like riding free. I've owned a lot of motorcycles including a Ducati and the Ninjas handling is second to none. Once a week I ride with the Old Geezer Gang, a group of retirees. One of them rides a Road King, one rides a BMW tourer and one rides a 1100 Shadow. They consider me the most experienced rider and they always have me lead the way on my little Ninja. Last Wed we rode 408 mi, yes in one day. I find the Ninja to be relatively comfortable, though I did put blocks under the clip ons to raise the height and added a touring windshield. I still have my Savage, I and my wife enjoy riding it and I dont plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Considering what it is and what it does the little Ninja may be the most amazing motorcycle I've ever owned.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #10 - 05/12/10 at 18:00:53

I also have a 2007 250 Ninja. It is a completely different riding experience from the S40. I think the handling, suspension, and braking are superior to the S40. Its fuel range is about double that of the S40, too. I cannot yet speak for tire mileage. I have my fuel mileage for the Ninjette posted on Fuelly, so you can look for yourselves. My Fuelly username is the same as on this forum.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
nicka
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucson
Reply #11 - 05/12/10 at 19:02:27

Charon

See my post on Rubber Side Down re Chain Drive, I was getting similar mileage to yours on Fuelly before my sprocket swap out, hope to up it a lot now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:29:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Bike so Leaving the Community

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.