Send Topic Print
am back (Read 159 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
am back
05/09/10 at 05:10:33

Well after 2 wonderful weeks in Ca. I am back home. I arrived back yesterday afternoon. It is always so hard to leave my Mom and sister. Especially my Mom. I think it was probably one if not the best times we have had together.

I flew from Wa State to Sacramento on April 24, then on April 30 her and I flew from Sacramento, Ca to San Diego, Ca for the weekend. My son graduated from The University of Phoenix with his Bachelor's of Science in Human Management. He is on his way now for his Master's and then his Doctorate...

Mom and I flew back to Sacramanto Sunday May 2. Then I flew home yesterday.  I said I did more flying and drinking in the last 2 weeks then I had done in the past 5 years...And that is no joke...Okay so most nights we shared a beer or I had one. And only  2 nights the whole 2 weeks I had 2 margarita's... And one night a glass of wine..Yet again that is the most alcohol this body has had in a very long time.. Grin Grin

My oh my so many bikes... I drooled so much I almost embarassed myself..Note I said almost..hahah.. Mostl y HD's and twins of other makers. I thought to myself, well these silly people must not like riding real bikes...hahah..

And so am back home getting into my routine again here. Surgery is this coming Wed the 12th.. So that hopefully means I will be ready to go back to work about the middle of July. Their going to place a screw in my thumb as well as investigate the bottom portion of my hand to see what is causing problems there..

So I will post before and probably not much after Tues evening for a few days. I will try and keep "piglet" informed via phone and she can relay messages to you..

It is great to be back home with Hubby and the kids (dogs and cats).

Hugs everyone... Kim Wink

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: am back
Reply #1 - 05/09/10 at 05:24:41

Sounds like you had a great getaway. Too bad you couldn't hang with your mom on mothers day. Which reminds me, Happy Mothers Day to all you "Mothers". Hope your medical issues get all straightened out. If you have a problem typing you could always get a dictation program so you can just talk to your computer and it does the typing for you. I'm using one right now. "Dragon Naturally Speaking".
http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/products/editions/standard.asp
http://www.amazon.com/Nuance-Communications-Inc-A309A-G01-10-0-NaturallySpeak...

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #2 - 05/09/10 at 05:37:33

Thank  you Al. I will keep that in mind. Originally before the accident I had planned to be there with Mom today. However with surgery I needed to be here to tie up some lose ends before Wed..  Smiley

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 05/09/10 at 14:34:54

I'm here Kimmie, and you better call me!  I'll be happy to update everyone!  Best of luck for your surgery.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #4 - 05/09/10 at 17:54:57

A good trip and an even better surgery!

Heal up quickly!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #5 - 05/10/10 at 00:42:42

Good luck on the surgery! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #6 - 05/12/10 at 19:41:20

Just talked to Kim, surgery was successful, she's home and fine (thanks to pain meds!)  Right hand is all bandaged up, with some pins in her thumb, but she should eventually get basically full use back.  She still has a ways to go, but she's on the mend.  Yippeeeee!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  Ride Safe!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 05/12/10 at 19:46:24

Hand surgery is, I'm told,  delicate stuff; so follow the doc's recommendations for followup and then rehab. Best of luck and think of the late summer/fall season comming up. Cheesy

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #8 - 05/13/10 at 01:44:54

Glad to hear she's on the mend now!  With metal pins, do we get to call her the Bionic Woman now? Huh
Healing thoughts headed her way. Wink

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 22:52:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › am back

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.