Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
noob asks a question about waving (Read 1017 times)
shovelbum87

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Hampshire
Re: noob asks a question about waving
Reply #45 - 06/18/13 at 15:02:14

Oh dont forget that they dont understand the concept of even idle. they have to fall back alittle from the car in front then get on the throttle too heavy and rev the heck out of it and then fall back again and rev the crap out of it again. Those are the HD riders that I dont have any respect for!

NEVER argue with a woman holding a torque wrench or a spray gun!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #46 - 06/18/13 at 15:44:34

shovelbum87 wrote on 06/18/13 at 15:02:14:
Oh dont forget that they dont understand the concept of even idle. they have to fall back alittle from the car in front then get on the throttle too heavy and rev the heck out of it and then fall back again and rev the crap out of it again. Those are the HD riders that I dont have any respect for!

There is one of "those" riders that shows up at the house all the time. He gets madder than a wet hen when I reach over and turn up the idle speed on his Road King. When I can hear the top end clattering, he's running it too low to have any oil pressure. AND he wonders why it needed a full rebuild at maybe 10K miles...  Grin

Having been on the Harley side, the Brit bike side AND the metric side, I don't bother with the whole wave nonsense. Lisa waves, I don't and our friend/farmhand doesn't either. Could be because he and I are former patch holders, could be because we've been riding so long that we just don't give a sh*t anymore, could be that 90% or better of the cruiser riders (regardless of brand or displacement) in west TN have absolutely no business being on two wheels. Let alone waving as they wobble their way in and out of the lane. Almost zero law enforcement here in regards to bikes, the next time the fat kid on his 2 smoke dirt bike goes flying down my road with no lid on (even though I have to wear one on my 4 stroke street legal bikes)...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #47 - 06/19/13 at 09:39:14

I was sooo happpy to be at the Dragon Run last week......and away from work.....and on my bike....that I waved at everyone. Grin

I waved at Harleys, at Can Ams, at Scooters, at Crotch Rockets.  I waved on the straight sections, I waved while in the corners.  I waved while on the back roads and on the interstate.  I waved at the kids in the back seat of the car who were waving at me!  I did snub a few poeple......I had touble figuring out how to clutch/shift/brake and wave simultaneously!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
shovelbum87

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Hampshire
Reply #48 - 06/19/13 at 14:57:05

Dave, I respect the wave to everyone, I usually will wave at most everyone but THE CAN-AMS! Come on! They are an offence to my senses! I dont understand them... its not a car, its not a bike, its not a trike what is it? I hate those things!

NEVER argue with a woman holding a torque wrench or a spray gun!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #49 - 06/19/13 at 18:54:59

shovelbum87 wrote on 06/19/13 at 14:57:05:
Dave, I respect the wave to everyone, I usually will wave at most everyone but THE CAN-AMS! Come on! They are an offence to my senses! I dont understand them... its not a car, its not a bike, its not a trike what is it? I hate those things!

The Can Am is for those people that can't decide between a sports car or a motorcycle.....and they get neither in the Can Am.  The Can Am is also a safe bet for people that are somewhat clutzy and lack good coordination.  It is a caring sympathetic wave that I give :'(

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #50 - 06/19/13 at 19:05:28

Dave wrote on 06/19/13 at 18:54:59:
shovelbum87 wrote on 06/19/13 at 14:57:05:

The Can Am is for those people that can't decide between a sports car or a motorcycle.....and they get neither in the Can Am.  The Can Am is also a safe bet for people that are somewhat clutzy and lack good coordination.  It is a caring sympathetic wave that I give :'(

Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #51 - 06/19/13 at 22:13:44

I raise finger in my pickup. I MIGHT raise a finger on the bike..
Big Deal,, someone Waved,, Yip frikken PEEEEE!
Would they stop if I was broke down? If they did, would they be any help? I think way too much is made of the whole Wave thing,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #52 - 06/21/13 at 11:30:40

I gave a Can-Am Spyder the motorcycle wave this morning. Hand down two fingers extended. He threw his hand up over his head to wave back, Whats up with that. Huh

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #53 - 06/21/13 at 12:20:43

apache snow-FSO wrote on 06/21/13 at 11:30:40:
Hand down two fingers extended. He threw his hand up over his head to wave back, Whats up with that. Huh

Sometimes I get tired of trying to be cool,.. and just give the geekiest, boy howdy, wave I can...
... sometimes I give a Papal blessing...
... sometimes,... a Miss America wave...
... sometimes a cub scout salute...
Whatever...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #54 - 06/21/13 at 12:54:31

apache snow-FSO wrote on 06/21/13 at 11:30:40:
I gave a Can-Am Spyder the motorcycle wave this morning. Hand down two fingers extended. He threw his hand up over his head to wave back, Whats up with that. Huh

Maybe he needed roadside assistance.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #55 - 06/21/13 at 12:57:19

before i rode a motorcycle i used to mock and make fun of the "biker wave", but my position on the issue has evolved...

now i look at like this:  if you're walking down the street and somebody walks by and says,"good morning" , you'd say "what's up" (or words to that effect)  

so if somebody waves, I wave back.  if they don't wave, I don't get offended.  

I sometimes, rarely, initiate a wave, then i think it's kind of rude if they don't wave back.

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
apache snow-FSO
Serious Thumper

Reply #56 - 06/21/13 at 13:23:26

Back in the 60s -70s motorcycle riders around here gave each other the peace sign. Smiley

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #57 - 06/21/13 at 13:44:01

apache snow-FSO wrote on 06/21/13 at 13:23:26:
Back in the 60s -70s motorcycle riders around here gave each other the peace sign. Smiley

That's what I do. Peace sign. I'm from the 60's and 70's so that's probably why. I get a wave back about 50% of the time. I even wave at scooters but not very often. I know one guy that won't wave unless you have at least 1500cc's. I don't know how he can tell. During bike week I don't usually wave...too many bikes. Same at the Tail of the Dragon..too many bikes.

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
radical123
YaBB Newbies

2000 savage

salem or
Reply #58 - 06/29/13 at 01:18:34

I wave down low. When Im on my street Glide and am in cruise control I wave with my Right hand. Thows somepeople off!!

2000 savage
  IP Logged
Snubby241
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ESCONDIDO, CA 920029
Reply #59 - 06/30/13 at 09:31:24

Speaking as a Noob I'll start waving after I learn how to use all those levers and twisty thingies without falling off the bike.

2013 S40, I don't want a pickle.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:26:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › noob asks a question about waving

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.