Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
noob asks a question about waving (Read 1017 times)
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Re: noob asks a question about waving
Reply #15 - 05/08/10 at 16:16:56

I wave....and get waved at back.........

and I wave to little kids in the back seat of the cages.....makes their day.

Because I can!
  IP Logged
suzukirider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/08/10 at 18:20:06

I get a kick out of a wave and wave back if I can - not turning a corner or at a light LO  - I have noticed that some HD folks don't wave, I figured I wasn't viewed as a "real" biker

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #17 - 05/08/10 at 18:39:46

To me, a short wave down, like a low "peace" sign, acknowledges you see them and wish them well. If they don't wave back, it's their problem and not worth my time! Never let someone else's stupidity affect a perfectly good ride!  Cool

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #18 - 05/08/10 at 19:01:56

When I'm out in good weather and my  motor is just purring and I'm grinning from ear to ear, I have to set on both hands just to keep from waving at everybody! I know some aren't going to wave back, but they might be afraid to let go of the handle bars and that's their problem. I  even wave to riders on scooters just to see what they will do.
                                                                        Ride Safe
                                                                        Marine5317

IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #19 - 05/08/10 at 20:41:59

omahasavage check your PM!! left you one!!!
as for the wave!! never REALLY thought about it!! LOLOLOL just happens
Smiley

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #20 - 05/09/10 at 00:52:50

Starlifter wrote on 05/08/10 at 16:12:20:
Give a wave to kids on bikes, its makes their day. Smiley

Yep, and gives me a big grin too! Cheesy  I've had little kids on bicycles wave as I go by, and go nuts when I wave back.  Waved at kids in cars, and seem 'em bouncing around telling Mom about it. Grin  Stopped at a light next to a school bus when I had the Savage, bus was on my right so they got the full benefit of the Dyna muffler. Grin  Had most of the kids on the bus waving at me!

And I must not be much of a poser, 'cause I have bugs on pretty much every piece of riding gear I own.  In fact my leathers (jacket and chaps) even got babtized by hail last week! Angry

And as far as waving to bikers, I'll wave at anything from scooters on up, if it's safe, and I'm feeling like it.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #21 - 05/09/10 at 05:29:57

I wave at anyone as long as I am in a safe place to do so. If they don't return the wave is their lost not mine.

I love waving to the kids in cars..It does seem to make their day. I also hope that I give encouragement to them to someday ride as well.
Heck I even wave at bicyclist.

I have riders on all types of bikes return the wave or offer it first. I have noticed that women HD riders don't always return the wave, guess tey are offended because I don't give them the #1 wave...hahha...  Yet then again I have gotten the nod from HD women passengers.  

Either way I don't let it bother me, as I am out to ride and enjoy myself. If I make someone feel good due to waving or smiling then that means I possibly made a difference in their life that day..

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #22 - 05/09/10 at 19:20:10

Southpaw wrote on 05/08/10 at 18:39:46:
To me, a short wave down, like a low "peace" sign, acknowledges you see them and wish them well. If they don't wave back, it's their problem and not worth my time! Never let someone else's stupidity affect a perfectly good ride!  Cool

+1

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #23 - 05/10/10 at 06:56:27

I wave when I can. Most times they wave back, if not well there is not much that can be done about it.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Reply #24 - 05/10/10 at 07:21:41

kimchris1 wrote on 05/09/10 at 05:29:57:
I have riders on all types of bikes return the wave or offer it first. I have noticed that women HD riders don't always return the wave, guess tey are offended because I don't give them the #1 wave...hahha...  Yet then again I have gotten the nod from HD women passengers.

I can say from experience, when I was riding hubby's Sporster, it was all I could do to keep er under control and I didnt feel comfortable taking one hand off even for long enough to wave.  I love waving at other bikers (whatever kind of bike they are on) but with the bigger Harley I just didnt feel safe.  So it might not be a rude thing, but just a matter of not feeling safe doing it.  

Personally, I get a huge grin on my face whever I get to wave at a fellow biker and get a wave back.  One finger (as long as its not the naughty finger wave), two fingers, whatever.  Its just fun.  Wink

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #25 - 05/10/10 at 10:07:40

never got this one

seems like some people wave no matter what
some people wave at things like like
some people dont give a rats ass at all

most my wavin is done on my block at kids chasing me with thier bicycles haha

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #26 - 05/11/10 at 03:36:45

I love motorcycles and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community--a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets--God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those stuck-up people. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys--I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is anyway. Try finding the battery you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Honda guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my tushy. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Suzuki, and I'll only wave at Suzuki Riders, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at -- those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor, or helmet stickers, or racing gloves, or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special? Wink

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #27 - 05/11/10 at 04:03:44

Ya gotta learn to vent a little Perry; holdin' it in like that, yer gonna go off someday! Wink

Oh, and ummm... Hondas?
PerrydaSavage wrote on 05/11/10 at 03:36:45:
To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special? Wink

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Reply #28 - 05/11/10 at 06:57:15

Personally I dont think it matters what kind of bike everyone else has.  Ride what you like, to each their own, etc.  Thats why there are so many different kinds and sizes of bikes, ride what works best for you.  I thought being a biker was all about freedom?  I have a smaller bike cause thats what Im more comfortable on, but what everyone else rides?  I dont really care.  There are bikers, and there are people that own bikes - yes there is a difference.  But again, to each their own.  Im no better than they are, and they are no better than me.  Just different.  

And dont forget the "sisterhood" of riders.   Wink

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #29 - 05/11/10 at 07:17:43

what with 300 or more lookers and 23 people responding to this silly post I sure hope you all know how and why we wave.
wave if you feel like it, don't wave if you don't.
that about cover it.?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:22:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › noob asks a question about waving

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!