Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mini Floorboards - This Weekend's Project (Read 246 times)
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Mini Floorboards - This Weekend's Project
05/06/10 at 17:54:03

OK, my universal mini-floorboards arrived today,  any hints on the best way to proceed, and make sure that there is still clearance for the pedals to move.  I have a set of Ed L.'s forward controls mounted as well.

Also, is there a secret to removing the right side peg?  I don't see anywhere to put a screwdriver or wrench.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Mini Floorboards - This Weekend's Project
Reply #1 - 05/07/10 at 04:04:05

Tanker2Biker wrote on 05/06/10 at 17:54:03:
cut.....Also, is there a secret to removing the right side peg?  I don't see anywhere to put a screwdriver or wrench.

Good question,....I've wondered the same thing. It make no sense that the left side has an allen head bolt, and the right side (uses the same bolt) has a smooth round head making it near impossible to remove, except removing the entire mount Shocked

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 05/07/10 at 05:47:01

Which floorboards did you get?  I've thought about some... probably later... but would love to see some pics!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 05/07/10 at 06:14:40

Tanker2Biker

Watch-out those FLOORBOARDS will spoil ya , you'll throw away all those reg footpegs except maby on your dirtbike !

That smoth surface is only a chrome plug , (just pop it out) there's a alen head under it.

If you get to liking those mini floorboards , just wait till you move them to the passager end and get some full size Harley take-offs ,(the angle changes to any angle you want).

I'll see if i can post a couple of pictures ?

, ,

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #4 - 05/07/10 at 06:35:49

That smoth surface is only a chrome plug , (just pop it out) there's a alen head under it.
-------------------------------------------
Oat oh ! that means the left side one is missing Shocked

Thanks,...I knew there had to be a simple answer.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
gilmojo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/07/10 at 15:15:09

Hi, my name is gilmojo, I am a new rider and have a 2004 savage.  Which I already dropped (very embarrassing) and now want crash bars.  What kind should I get?  These look great!

gilmojo

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #6 - 05/07/10 at 16:31:44

From what I've seen and read, OEM crash bars on a Savage/L650/S40 do very little in protecting anything but maybe the exhaust header. They're just too small to do much good. If you want something a little more substantial try Wingerline.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #7 - 05/08/10 at 23:02:37

In fact, I think the Wingerline's are the only other one I've seen for the Savage.  Although I'm sure others can be adapted.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 05/09/10 at 21:31:32

Gilmojo

The one on the yellow bike is off a pre-2004 sportster, I think the years start about 93 ???

I had no idea what would and wouldn't fit so I took a chance !

To get the bottom to mount I cut and drilled some bar-stock then made one (spacer)cut on the foot-peg mounting hole.

But you could use a clamp around the bottom of the frame just as well to have a place for the bottom to bolt too.

Buy one off e-bay and take a chance ... you'll find a way to mount it .  Its the RIGHT SIZE and SHAPE

If the job looks to much after you get it ... just sell it back on e-bay and all your out is the shipping cost ?

Good luck and post us some pictures of the process ... just to make it easy on the next guy  !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 05:44:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mini Floorboards - This Weekend's Project

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.