What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Leaking Gas Cap - Update!
Reply #31 - 07/20/12 at 09:31:04

michelleb318 wrote on 05/14/10 at 05:39:18:
I think I lucked out for two reasons:

I am a woman & they do NOT want a woman out bad mouthing them,,

~Michelle

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rjackb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Leaking Gas Cap
Reply #32 - 07/20/12 at 21:40:59

Replacing my gas tank gasket with a new Honda gasket was a big mistake. I get even more overflow from my tank than with the original Suzuki gasket that was so hard that I can't even see how it could have possibly worked. I will definitely be thickening my gasket somehow as well as smoothing out the tank lip because this overflow is completely unacceptable.

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Re: Leaking Gas Cap - Update!
Reply #33 - 07/23/12 at 16:37:25

so despite my best efforts
my gas cap still leaks. i have replaced the gasket with a different gasket but i havent done the washer under the gasket trick. instead i took michelle's lead and gave cecil a call. after a few minutes we realized that one cannot purchase the gasket on its own nor does suzuki offer a part number for this piece. so, i filled a complaint and i told cecil that i was going to have all my fellow savage owners call him up to file complaints as well. please call cecil and file a complaint. maybe we can get something done about these faulty caps!

call cecil in Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST.

michelleb318 wrote on 05/14/10 at 04:32:47:
Hey, everybody -

I just thought I'd give you an update on my gas cap issue. Suzuki chewed my dealer out pretty well ... apparently the dealer never contacted Suzuki at all about the gas cap issue. To make nice-nice with me <g> Suzuki sent a brand new gas tank and cap to my dealer. I dropped the bike off after work on Wednesday and picked it up after work on Thursday. (1 day instead of 12!!) Well, now the bike looks practically mint! Suzuki did forget the nice Boulevard stickers that go on the sides of the tank, but they're now on the way too.

So ... those of you with leaky gas caps might want to contact Suzuki directly. I did have an extended warranty on my bike but you never know, they might just replace your tank & cap for free too. BTW, when I had to sign the warranty paperwork, I saw the price of the gas tank - $544 !!!! Holy moley - I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it!!!

Here's the website: http://www.suzukicycles.com/

From the website: "Should you have a situation that you believe requires American Suzuki's immediate assistance you may call Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST."  and I spoke to Cecil. BTW, DON'T tell him I sent you - LOL!!

~Michelle

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Leaking Gas Cap
Reply #34 - 07/23/12 at 22:54:39

I cant just poke my key in & turn it, well,, I MITE could, but it wouldnt be easy & Im afraid Id break the key off,, Can YOU just turn the key on your leaky cap? If so, there just may not be enough pressure on the gasket to seal it off,
Have you inspected the lip on the tank? Is it flat? A piece of glass, a little oil on the tank lip,, otta show if its got a problem spot,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:24:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Leaking Gas Cap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.