Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Saddle bag buckle mod
Reply #15 - 06/15/10 at 05:56:34

Duane wrote on 06/14/10 at 20:21:54:
Those look great, I would love a set of those. You ever thought of making a set to sell?  Wink

The brackets?  They were really easy.  You could do it.  We had a similar set on his Vulcan, so that was where the idea came from.  My husband bent the rod by hand... laid it on a brick wall and just folded it over.  I did the measuring, he did the bending.  One point I will make though, is the leg that runs directly from the fender to the first bend is longer on the left side, to clear the belt.  We made both sides, then took a second to realize the difference... duh.

I might be able to talk him into making another set....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Saddle bag buckle mod
Reply #16 - 06/15/10 at 05:58:28

Jay wrote on 06/15/10 at 01:02:58:
Great work! Looks like they came that way.

Thanks!  And now that I have used them for a while, I can report that I still love them.  Much easier!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:30:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddle bag buckle mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.