Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
removing existing muffler clamp bolt-NEED help (Read 275 times)
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Re: removing existing muffler clamp bolt-NEED help
Reply #15 - 08/06/11 at 12:04:47

I wouldn't normaly buy a raptor petcock  Wink

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 08/06/11 at 12:35:43

At this time, I Must Add,, If you start working another muffler on there & realize it just Will NOT go as far as it Must go in order to get the rear bolts in, then if you do what I did, & grind a short piece off the end of the header, you gotta make sure you move the battery vent tube,, I shot sparks by mine & the Bat  Tree DEE flippin Sploded,, & I spent a few, washing & cleaning the bike with baking soda & water to get th battery acid out of everything..

Costly error,, avoid it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #17 - 08/06/11 at 13:39:26

Wow good story to share.  I dont want to go cutting off anything I might need.

I started it up with just the header it it was a beautiful sound aside from it running so rough and sputtering away till it died.  It reminded me of my dad's Harley, just a little bit.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #18 - 08/06/11 at 16:04:52

It will probably be easier to tighten the header bolts last. That way there is no strain on any of the other parts.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #19 - 08/07/11 at 10:13:39

arteacher wrote on 08/06/11 at 16:04:52:
It will probably be easier to tighten the header bolts last. That way there is no strain on any of the other parts.

Actually I would do the exact opposite. if I may say so with all due respect. The header bolts in the head are actually the most fragile component. Not the bolts itself, but the threads in the aluminum head can get stripped easily. I always have all the bolts on the exhaust loose and then pre-align everything, then hand tighten the bolts and make the final alignment. Then I tighten the header bolts and then the rest. This way you take the tension out of the system and minimize the strain on the header bolts.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:16:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › removing existing muffler clamp bolt-NEED help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.