RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: Powder Coating
Reply #15 - 05/01/10 at 19:01:41

Truckinduc wrote on 05/01/10 at 15:57:25:
I do lots of it at home.  Maybe have 100$ in the system and all the different powders I have.

I use an old toaster oven and a full size oven.  Works great. A little practice and you can achieve different textures.

Ive coated approx. 400$ worth of stuff.

Now that's what I wanted to hear! Tell me more, please!
Do you have the one from Harbor Freight? What does it smell like when it's curing? Would it stink up the house if you used the kitchen oven? Mess up the oven? Undecided
When I get one I want to see how well it works before investing more $$ in an oven. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #16 - 05/01/10 at 21:30:24

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 05/01/10 at 19:01:41:
Truckinduc wrote on 05/01/10 at 15:57:25:
I do lots of it at home.  Maybe have 100$ in the system and all the different powders I have.

I use an old toaster oven and a full size oven.  Works great. A little practice and you can achieve different textures.

Ive coated approx. 400$ worth of stuff.

Now that's what I wanted to hear! Tell me more, please!
Do you have the one from Harbor Freight? What does it smell like when it's curing? Would it stink up the house if you used the kitchen oven? Mess up the oven? Undecided
When I get one I want to see how well it works before investing more $$ in an oven. Cool

Right on ! Just a little feedback is all I needed. Ovens are no problem for me, but I too wonder if the HF gun is a decent place to start.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/02/10 at 12:05:00

Yes I have the HF one.   Only problem ive had was with tight enclosures. Like if you wanted to coat your cylinder. In between the fins would be the hardest part.  The powder would want to stick to the outer part of the fins before it gets to the inner fin.  But it can be done.

I would highly suggest AGAINST coating anything in an oven that you cook it.  You should have a dedicated oven just for this.

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 05/02/10 at 12:25:49

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #19 - 05/02/10 at 19:58:26

Thanks for the info.
Truckinduc wrote on 05/02/10 at 12:05:00:
Yes I have the HF one.   Only problem ive had was with tight enclosures. Like if you wanted to coat your cylinder. In between the fins would be the hardest part.  The powder would want to stick to the outer part of the fins before it gets to the inner fin.  But it can be done.

I would highly suggest AGAINST coating anything in an oven that you cook it.  You should have a dedicated oven just for this.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 09:23:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Powder Coating

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.