stevene
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW FL & SW MI
Re: Header Wrap
Reply #15 - 05/04/10 at 09:23:09

Bubba wrote on 05/04/10 at 07:21:00:
Hey stevene, how do you like the springer seat from BCB?

Hey Bubba:

BCB's seat mount and seat are terrific.  You could probably devise a way on your own to mount just the seat, but BCB's bolt-on seat support is so slick I think it'd be hard to beat.  Excellent also for hiding all the wiring, out of the weather.

The seat is leather, 12" plus wide, and has a pronounced 'dip' in the center to keep your rear firmly planted.  I'm 200 lbs plus with a 30" inseam; the ergos with the Savage's mid controls and a slight reach to the drag bars are perfect for me.

A few summers back I built a hard-tail vee-twin bobber and installed a LePera "Small Solo" jockey seat.  It looked great but didn't work: the slightest twist of the throttle and I was nearly flipped off the back of the seat!  I upgraded to their "Large Solo," which was better, but still too slippery.  The 'dip' in BCB's seat is invaluable.

More bobber pics at Cafe / Introduce Yourself / pg 71 if interested.

stevene

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 05/04/10 at 09:54:12

Thanks Stevene, the only thing that bothers me is that BCB seems to ask for you to buy the seat and fender as a package deal... (not cheap) and I don't much like the fiberglass fender (ride 2-up sometimes).
Does that seat allow you to seat back a wee bit farther than the stck seat? I don't have forward controls but when I slide back on the stock seat a couple inches I feel a little better.
I'm 5'9" 32 inseam...
Thanks

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
stevene
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW FL & SW MI
Reply #17 - 05/04/10 at 11:30:44

Bubba:

No, this seat has your butt planted in about the same relationship to the pegs as the stock seat.

Traditionally, bobbers were completely stripped of all non-essential weight and bulk, usually with 'bobbed' (cut shorter) fenders - or no fenders at all, and most often with single jockey seats.  I guess passengers were considered 'non-essential...'  Smiley

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #18 - 05/04/10 at 11:35:56

oh yeah, I'd definately drop the stock fender...just wanted something more supstantial that could hold a pillion seat or something...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 07:29:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Header Wrap

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.