babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Captain Crash videos
04/28/10 at 08:23:51

Someone posted a link to these and I thought they were worth their own thread.  Some good info!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptCrashIdaho

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Captain Crash videos
Reply #1 - 04/28/10 at 09:31:38

Huh? Not even a crash scene?

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 04/28/10 at 11:07:46

Yea, maybe he should call himself Captain Anti-Crash

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
sludge
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/28/10 at 15:27:18

Thanks for this post. Lot of good info. My girlfriend is in the process of learning how to ride. Couldn't get her into an MSF course until this July.

IP Logged
cursal

Daily Savage Rider

Eugene, OR
Reply #4 - 04/29/10 at 08:43:28

Glad that post was helpful.  Agreed, worth his own thread. Wink

I still watch them now and again and always reference him to new riders in my area.

1998 Savage, 18,700 Miles, Wind Shield, Tach, K&N Airbox Filter, Leather Bags, CYCLE-TRON II Battery, verslavy cam adjuster, Kevlar F Pads Black.
Professional Web Developer: www.OregonPublishing.com
  IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #5 - 04/30/10 at 20:40:32

this guy jerry motorman paladino has a good ride like a pro video set.  Teaches people how to handle big harleys the way motorcycle cops are taught. He's got some example videos on youtube of 4'10" girls handling harley electraglides in very tight slow manuvers.   www.ridelikeapro.com if you wanna buy the video..  I did a search on www.piratebay.org for the video and got a download for free, lots of helpful stuff on how to do advanced slow speed manuevers and bike control even if your bike weighs 900lbs, of course ours don't so it's much easier for us. We also get a much further lean angle and tighter turning radius.

That double U turn on the MSF is tough, the captain crash guy had some good tips the instructors didn't give me when I took the course(like make a full 225* turn not a u turn and then a cross and a 2nd U turn).  Also those 250cc motorcycles are alittle touchy in 1st gear, must be geared really low, easier to handle in 2nd even at very slow speeds.  Doing simulations of techniques(sitting on bike not running practicing clutch turning looking leaning etc) before you actually do them was good in the course though, nobody fell of their bikes and there were alot of people who'd never riden a bike in their life.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 11:29:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Captain Crash videos

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.