Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help w/automatic decompression cable adjustment (Read 91 times)
Bryan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

help w/automatic decompression cable adjustment
04/24/10 at 20:23:09

I went to check the valve clearance on my bike today, and it said I needed to check the "automatic decompression cable" first.  I was following the directions in the Clymer, and got to part 11 (page 49):

"Pull up on the actuator lever assembly and check the end length of the shaft.  The actuator shaft should move out of the body 3-5 mm.  This amount of free play is necessary for the compressor to operate correctly."

Okay, so what exactly am I checking?  What is the actuator shaft and actuator body?  It has a picture pointing to the actuator lever assembly, but the rest seemed a little unclear to me.  And what am I pulling "up" on?  the cable?  Cause I sure can't pull "up" on the thing with the spring wrapped around it that the arrow's pointing to in the picture.

Thanks!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: help w/automatic decompression cable adjustmen
Reply #1 - 04/24/10 at 20:48:02

Check the index in the tech doc's for a lot of how to's

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1169356966

WWW   IP Logged
Bryan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: help w/automatic decompression cable adjustmen
Reply #2 - 04/24/10 at 20:58:38

ah, perfect, thanks.  I did a search for "actuator" and got one irrelevant post.  I think it just occurred to me that using the search box near the top of the page only seems to search for posts from the last week or so, and I need to actually click on the search link to do my searching.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:29:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › help w/automatic decompression cable adjustment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.