Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Supercharger for Savage (Read 375 times)
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Supercharger for Savage
04/24/10 at 16:28:11

http://www.rjssuperchargers.com/pricing.html
The positive displacement blower for $595.00 looked interesting. My question is has anybody considered supercharging an option?
Lancer? Huh

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Supercharger for Savage
Reply #1 - 04/24/10 at 17:23:35

crabpainter wrote on 04/24/10 at 16:28:11:
http://www.rjssuperchargers.com/pricing.html
The positive displacement blower for $595.00 looked interesting. My question is has anybody considered supercharging an option?
Lancer? Huh

I can deal with a carb and a cam, but don't have any practical working knowledge of S/C's
I like them; make great power, but the engine has to be able to breathe really well, and the exhaust ports may very likely hurt the effort on a Savage/S40

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #2 - 04/24/10 at 19:40:10

I supercharged my '91 Miata with a kit from Jackson Racing with no other engine modifications.  The base set up was advertised to make about 6lbs. of boost and 40% more hp.  I've  never had it dyno'd but that sounds like how it felt.  0-60 time went from 9.3 to 7.  With the boost upgrade kit (bigger drive pulley) it's advertised to make about 12lbs. of boost and another 15% hp.  Again this felt right as 0-60 came down to 6 seconds.  All with no other engine mods.

When I first added the s/c I was running it through the stock exhaust.  It was quite a sleeper.  

This thing looks really interesting but how would you drive it?  It needs a belt to a pulley running the same speed as the crankshaft.

IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #3 - 04/25/10 at 07:19:10

supercharging i would only consider an option in a kit built for a specific application.  You need brackets and pulleys to run a supercharger.  guess you could run a pulley off the side with a longer belt to drive the supercharger and the rear wheel.  A turbo is easier to make custom just attach to intake and exhaust.  Extra fuel is needed when supercharging or turbo charging and I've mostly only know about cars and fuel injection. So not really sure how well carburated motorcycle forced induction works, but I'm sure you would need to buy a new carb and would need extensive tuning.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/25/10 at 10:11:28

You actually can't run the rear wheel and the charger with the same belt. Blowers spin as fast as the engine, you need a pulley on the crankshaft.

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/25/10 at 14:53:50

ive been contemplating a supercharger.  

BUT I cannot easily find an affordable blower for this size engine.  Where as I got the appropriate size turbo for cheap.  

I was gonna machine a pulley to run off of the stator side of the crank. Its actually pretty simple.

Once I have all of the necessities ill turbo mine, but it will be a while.

In my mind it makes more sense to supercharge a bike for my riding style. I corner hard so I dont want the thing to boost mid corner.

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #6 - 04/30/10 at 05:51:19

a good look at a nice application

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 04/30/10 at 15:20:31

If you feel the need for a supercharger on a Blackbird,... you have a serious thyroid problem... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Reply #8 - 05/01/10 at 08:32:05

truckinduc that's what I've been thinking about. My brother says he can fab the flywheel nut to a pulley run through the side cover. We're due to get together this summer to try it. Another option is for me to send him a spare LS motor to work his magic. Need mounting brackets for blower and idler as well but he swears it's all quite achievable. The hurdle is $

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
Reply #9 - 05/01/10 at 08:44:42

I have seen very few things that, with the right amount of $$ and effort, are not achievable. I would love to see it because I love a handmade machine! I have seen a triumph with a jag V-12, six straight pipes coming up each side! I say do it!! maybe discovery channel will foot the bill??

None of us know as much as all of us!
  IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 11/10/15 at 19:55:47

Yep I supercharged my savage using a AMR300 and a harley CV40 carb.

Goes pretty well!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 07:28:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Supercharger for Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.