prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Just so you know
04/20/10 at 14:37:14

When I changed the chain and tensioner, I had to remove the exhaust.  When I put it all back together, I had a terrible backfire on decel.  I figured it was an exhaust leak, thanks to all the other posts I had read.  Just need time to get there and fix it.

Today when I went to town, the bike ran very poorly, cutting out, would not idle, I had to open the enricher (choke) to keep her going.  I did not think that had anything to do with the exhaust, but today was the day to fix the whole thing.

The exhaust was not tight, that was the backfire.  One problem down.

Some time ago I changed to a raptor petcock and capped the vacuum on the carb.  Today I noticed the cap had come off and the vacuum line was open.  So, I capped that back up and took care of problem number two.  

I wonder if the backfire (and if there was any back pressure) that popped the cap on the carb.  If not, what happened to it.  It was nice and tight, honest.  This time I put a small plastic wire tie on it and cinched her good and tight.  

I do not know if this will help anyone, but maybe so.

I am back to having my rags flapping!!!! Cheesy

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Just so you know
Reply #1 - 04/20/10 at 16:59:55

Ya but,......
The backfire on decel I would assume was the typical "in the exhaust" backfire. Don't seem like that would cause any pressure in the intake side, which is where that vacuum port is.
But otherwise something to give some thought to.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Just so you know
Reply #2 - 04/20/10 at 17:44:41

Routy wrote on 04/20/10 at 16:59:55:
Ya but,......
The backfire on decel I would assume was the typical "in the exhaust" backfire. Don't seem like that would cause any pressure in the intake side, which is where that vacuum port is.
But otherwise something to give some thought to.

I really didn't think the two were related.  Just wondering what happened to the cap.  Anyway, I am glad it is fixed!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:19:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Just so you know

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.