Send Topic Print
Turn signal tweaking (Read 64 times)
NightRaven
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Turn signal tweaking
04/20/10 at 13:16:16

Dumped my bike a little while ago, broke both my left front and rear turn signals, ordered some new directionals and went to install them last night. I had to strip the black wires and connect the new wire to the old connector so it would fit right. i inserted the red wire in the front into the silver connector that the brown wire had gone into with the old light. I'm not sure if the colors matter or not, I know they do when working with computers....this is my first shot at fixing my bike lol
anyway...my problem is that the light comes on, but won't shut off or blink. -.-
which defeats the purpose of a turn signal......help..meee please......

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Turn signal tweaking
Reply #1 - 04/20/10 at 13:47:14

Your problems begin with... you didn't buy oem signals.
If you bought 2 filament lights... most mfg's cater to HD's which rely on ground as the 3rd wire for the front, and for 1 filament lights... 2nd wire in the back.

Suzuki doesn't do that.  So the black w/wht stripe wire goes to the lights ground.  In front there's a bright and dim filament.  The bright one should blink.

WWW   IP Logged
NightRaven
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Turn signal tweaking
Reply #2 - 04/20/10 at 14:15:11

HAHA! ....shortly after posting, i got sick of sitting inside while my poor bike was left unattended to in the yard, so i fiddled around with the wires some more and was successful. Smiley
I did something similar to verslagen1's recommendation....ending up with one wire thats just kinda hanging out inside the headlight case thing.
To the 18 views and one comment i received within 20 mins, thank you for your time and the moral of my post is.... if at first you don't succeed, try again.
i'm off to ride around the block on this beautifully warm sunny evening.  Smiley
-Amanda

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 21:25:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal tweaking

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.