Send Topic Print
Sigh... (Read 283 times)
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Sigh...
04/19/10 at 14:21:16

why is it that you can have other bikes WAAY more comfy but when you hop back on the savage you come home with a giant smile and a monkeybutt you keep thinkin about the next time you get her out on the road again... Like a second date..   Roll Eyes  golly have i missed riding this little beast.. FYI i will NEVER be without this little hog! Cheesy

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Hard Corps

Freedom is worth
facing your fears

Kansas City, Missouri
Re: Sigh...
Reply #1 - 04/19/10 at 15:32:32

I gotta agree.  Though I've ridden the little bugger on 1,000-plus mile trips, I will probably upgrade to a fatter HD for the long trips.  Eventually. When I can afford it. Like when I retire.  

But as long as I'm able to ride, I will always own a Savage.  Nothing beats it around town, and it really CAN hack it on the long rides.  

Black 2003, Bare-bones, Somewhere along Route 66, Marine Corps Sergeant
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #2 - 04/19/10 at 19:51:32

Agreed.  We have two and a half of them now.  My boy wants to start riding.  He wants a Ninja or one of those other speedy looking rigs.  I told him NO.  If he wants to ride, we will get a third Savage.  I don't think you can beat them.

Incidentally, I'm shopping in the less than two thousand dollar range, if anyone hears of something.  It would need to be road-worthy, because I'd probably have to ride the bus to wherever it was located and then ride the bike home.  I'm willing to make the sacrifice of a long ride on a new bike...  for the love of my darling child, of  course.  Not because I'd enjoy it or anything.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Reply #3 - 04/20/10 at 01:26:59

A smidgen above your price range but most folks can be talked down.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/1699036707.html

Good luck!!
If you decide to buy it let me know and I'll treat to lunch at Columbia's Steak House. Home of the famous "Night Hawk Special" Wink

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 04/20/10 at 02:22:45

cornfuzed wrote on 04/19/10 at 14:21:16:
why is it that you can have other bikes WAAY more comfy but when you hop back on the savage you come home with a giant smile and a monkeybutt you keep thinkin about the next time you get her out on the road again... Like a second date..   Roll Eyes  golly have i missed riding this little beast.. FYI i will NEVER be without this little hog! Cheesy

I like your name here man !  CORNFUZED   that's great !

IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #5 - 04/20/10 at 04:40:07

CORNFUZED,  that's great !

+1  Cool

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #6 - 04/20/10 at 07:16:40

Sandy...this one's in Denver...not too bad a ride from MT
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1696105335.html

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/20/10 at 17:00:18

LANCER wrote on 04/20/10 at 02:22:45:
cornfuzed wrote on 04/19/10 at 14:21:16:

I like your name here man !  CORNFUZED   that's great !

Cool Thanks Lancer, i seem to be in that state most me life... outside of having to explain facts of life to people who seem to know WHAT I need from life...idiots.. '"Yer bikes too small..."' blah blah blah just keep up with me then.. Grin

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 04/20/10 at 18:50:13

cornfuzed wrote on 04/20/10 at 17:00:18:
'"Yer bikes too small..."'

I've decided, next time I hear that from the hog hauler crowd, I'm just gonna say 'yeah, but it's been real good to me, cheap to run, cheap to keep.  But maybe I just need to see what I'm missin'.  Tell you what, show me your favorite ride, if I can't keep up... it'll sure tell me something'
I might even put the quicksilver back on   Smiley
and the open trapp cap   Smiley
and lean out the idle mixture for maximum effect on shut down   Smiley
Of course I'll have to stop up front   Smiley
put the kickstand and get off cause I don't want to knock it over cause I'm coughing and turnin' blue  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/20/10 at 19:15:16

I gotta agree with Hard Corp, a bigger, more comfy bike for 2 up and longer trips and Bettie for commuting and afternoon jaunts.

gotta revisit the thread about alternative bikes....

IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/21/10 at 13:44:10

buttgoat1 wrote on 04/20/10 at 19:15:16:
I gotta agree with Hard Corp, a bigger, more comfy bike for 2 up and longer trips and Bettie for commuting and afternoon jaunts.

gotta revisit the thread about alternative bikes....

On yer quest a good site i found that answers to the what if questions on a second bike..
http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12
lots of good info.. I myself for 4k picked up a caddy of a bike complete with lots of room for me an the backseat driver.. Grin ... the royal star is a beast of a bike that is more than capable of making you look like a goon smoking the harleys... you will wanna hop back on the savage though ... to me it feels like the savage is angry knowing you ride another bike.. i do indeed love the SINGLE savage!  Grin  

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #11 - 04/22/10 at 10:35:40

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 04/19/10 at 19:51:32:
Incidentally, I'm shopping in the less than two thousand dollar range, if anyone hears of something.  It would need to be road-worthy, because I'd probably have to ride the bus to wherever it was located and then ride the bike home.  I'm willing to make the sacrifice of a long ride on a new bike...  for the love of my darling child, of  course.  Not because I'd enjoy it or anything.

This http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1704440173.html showed up today but there little to no information about it.

Here's http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1701409395.html from a couple of days ago but it's a tad out of your $$ range.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Capt._Ron
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/22/10 at 20:05:06

I know thw feeling. When I rode the Yamaha 850 triple home I was amazed at the versatility and the power of the thing but I also rtecognize the suitability and the fun factor of my original ride, Suzuki GZ250, and declared I will never turn loose of that feeling. I use both regularly and have NO regrets.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:20:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sigh...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.