Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carb question... (Read 94 times)
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Carb question...
04/19/10 at 08:45:08

I bought a honda cb360(cafe project). Both carbs are missing the return springs. The only way to buy these are to purchase diaphragm also...$100 each. I'm looking at McMaster/Carr right now at springs. I kinda know what size I need but I have no idea about wire size and load/rate range.Carb is a KEI HIN 34mm.I'm not wanting to spend much on this bike.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#compression-and-die-springs/=6q9fsj

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Carb question...
Reply #1 - 04/19/10 at 09:24:47

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 04/20/10 at 02:45:52

WHAT IS THE I.D. OF THE SLIDE WHERE THE SPRING GOES IN ?

MEASURE THAT AND THEN SHOP/LOOK/ASK ABOUT SPRINGS THAT WILL FIT.
WHEN YOU SEE SOME ON EBAY, ASK THE SELLER TO MEASURE THE SPRING FOR YOU.

WILL A SAVAGE SPRING FIT IN THERE ?

IF IT GETS TO BE A REAL PROBLEM FINDING THE RIGHT SPRING YOU MAY BE BETTER OFF WITH REPLACEMENT CARBS.
SUDCO MAKES A LOT OF THEM AND YOU CAN CALL THEIR TECH GUYS TO ASK IF THEY HAVE A CARB KIT FOR THAT MODEL BIKE, OR CAN RECOMMEND A CARB SET AND JETTING FOR IT.
THEY ARE GOOD FOLKS AND VERY HELPFUL

IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/20/10 at 06:03:44

Any local indie shop and maybe the dealer should be able to help you. The local import dealer here has the PDF files that gives part nubers on carb parts. It should use the same springs as a CB500, 750, or Yama XS650 and XJ650. I had a CB360 and it has the same carbs as my XJ. The only differences are the mounts to the engine.

IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #4 - 04/20/10 at 06:51:27

Thanx fellas...I got the dimensions and found one that seems to match up. Its a company that does nothing but springs of all shapes and sizes. Couldn't get a price on the website so I called them in person. The receptionist was very sweet and explained the the springs were $2.50 each but to place an order, there would be a $40 min. I explained my situation and she said that she could mail me the springs as a "free sample". So I'm gonna wait and see what she sends me. Cool

PS The wire size on the spring is .025", does this sound about right?

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:33:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb question...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.