Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Parts compatability and custom modification (Read 270 times)
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Parts compatability and custom modification
04/12/10 at 18:43:45

I was wondering if anyone knows what harley parts will fit on a 2002 suzuki savage.  I know many people have put a dyna stock exhaust on their savages.  I was wondering if the forks off a sportster or a fatboy would fit on a savage.  I'm looking for a cheap easy way to get a little rake and length in my front forks for a cheap and easy price.  I found a full kit for about 2000$, but you can get raked forks for a harley for 500$ on ebay.(paid 2000 for the bike so I'm obviously not looking to spend alot).  Also looking at foot pegs and handle grips so if anyone knows what harley parts will fit or what type of connections and diameters they are for custom applications I'd like to know that too. I'm kinda new to customizing bikes, so was also wondering what kind of fitment issues there can be with getting different wheels for your bike.  Thinking a 5 degree over rake with stock length forks and a 21" wheel would give me roughly stock ride height and angle with a more chopper look. oh and gas tanks.  something that holds more gas than 2.5 gallons would be nice.  what are some good tanks that will fit with minimal mods to the bike.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Re: Parts compatability and custom modification
Reply #1 - 04/12/10 at 21:41:41

i was also wondering which harley handlebar risers would fit the savage. found some cheap online. i'll prob end up taking mine off and heading up to the dealer with them to check out the ones in the used section.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/12/10 at 22:26:28

RTC wrote on 04/12/10 at 21:41:41:
i was also wondering which harley handlebar risers would fit the savage.

Get the ones w/o the bridge between the risers.  HD risers are spaced 3.5" apart and ours are 100mm.
Also they have a 1/2" bolt and our are close to 3/8".  But you can just leave out the steel spacer that keeps you from crushing the dampers.

WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 04/13/10 at 08:49:00

james may wrote on 04/12/10 at 18:43:45:
I was wondering if anyone knows what harley parts will fit on a 2002 suzuki savage.  I know many people have put a dyna stock exhaust on their savages.  I was wondering if the forks off a sportster or a fatboy would fit on a savage.  I'm looking for a cheap easy way to get a little rake and length in my front forks for a cheap and easy price.  I found a full kit for about 2000$, but you can get raked forks for a harley for 500$ on ebay.(paid 2000 for the bike so I'm obviously not looking to spend alot).  Also looking at foot pegs and handle grips so if anyone knows what harley parts will fit or what type of connections and diameters they are for custom applications I'd like to know that too. I'm kinda new to customizing bikes, so was also wondering what kind of fitment issues there can be with getting different wheels for your bike.  Thinking a 5 degree over rake with stock length forks and a 21" wheel would give me roughly stock ride height and angle with a more chopper look. oh and gas tanks.  something that holds more gas than 2.5 gallons would be nice.  what are some good tanks that will fit with minimal mods to the bike.

I don't know about stock forks off of a sportster or fatboy, but I installed a girder front end on the FireLizard and a Road King tank. Jack_650 installed a Softail tank. Others have installed other tanks as well with some very fine results.

before

Semi present (I have done some more minor mods since this photo was taken)

Girder install http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1213856449

Between these two threads you should get a fairly good idea on the Road King tank mod.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1209434818/0

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1212029568/0

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #4 - 04/13/10 at 09:21:21

I installed a vn 750 tank on my bike.  Others have use the same tank.  I do not think you will find a direct change out.  Modification will be required but that's the fun part, right Smiley

The old mounting brackets had to be cut off and new ones installed.  I also modified my seat to make the lines flow a bit better.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #5 - 04/13/10 at 09:32:35

wolfmrp wrote on 04/13/10 at 09:21:21:
I installed a vn 750 tank on my bike.  Others have use the same tank.  

That's the kind of tank I was referring to when I said "Others have installed other tanks as well with some very fine results." I just couldn't remember the type it was. It is definitely a cleaner install than my Road King tank, but I think I'll keep the tank I got, took me too darn long to acquire it to give it up now.  Wink Wink

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 04/13/10 at 14:06:56

"with a big enuff hammer anything will fit"
mods ive seen on this site over the last 4 or 5 yrs are limited to your skill and imagination....

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #7 - 04/16/10 at 20:21:49

I've seen a number of pictures with the whole airbox tool kit battery box gutted out. Where do you guys usually hide battery?  I really like that open look.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #8 - 04/16/10 at 20:45:40

james may wrote on 04/16/10 at 20:21:49:
I've seen a number of pictures with the whole airbox tool kit battery box gutted out. Where do you guys usually hide battery?  I really like that open look.  

If you do a search for mini battery install you will find the post. It is a small AGM battery hidden under the bike.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 05:53:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Parts compatability and custom modification

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.