Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
gurgling bubbling? (Read 409 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: gurgling bubbling?
Reply #15 - 04/13/10 at 10:28:02

Silly, but possible that you got water inside the tubes of your frame?  Hard rain storm.. riding through water crossings..  I do that quite a bit, but never heard the gurgling.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #16 - 04/13/10 at 11:17:19

well hmm i dont know maybe? we did get a hard rain the other day and i was caught in it... could it get hot enough to bubble like that? it sounded like it was just bubbling away... hard to explain but around engine area...

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #17 - 04/13/10 at 11:18:24

also how and where can water get inside? can i plug those holes and if they are there factory why? thanks  Smiley

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 04/13/10 at 11:31:17

GrateFuLDad wrote on 04/13/10 at 10:25:01:
i have fixed exhaust leak and adjusted mix screw from 2 1/2 turns out to 2 turns out... sounds good..  i had ran it just a couple minutes or so then shut down... i let bike sit a minute and wanted to check oil level again... when i grabbed bike and stood it straight up.. i could of swore i heard water running ...into something? where and maybe is this what i heard yesterday except for boiling? after being hot? hmm also i did sniff oil filler hole and to me but thats just me.. i dont smell fuel... also i took vaccum hose loose at carb on right side there and gave it a toke or two and no fluid or gas...
this is good i think...  Cool

so hmm the water sound running has me baffled?

Oil will collect in the cam area.  You tilted it up, so it ran out.
Remember, I said I've heard the noise on my bike.
The only water I've run thru was from a dog pissin' on somebodies tire.
And if the frame got hot enough to boil water, you'd be riding a pretzel.

WWW   IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #19 - 04/13/10 at 13:05:06

lol pretzel hahahahahaha ok so rode same distance today and its hotter today than yesterday and no bubbling sound now.. this is good.. i dont know who does...? Wink anyhow seems i got few more rattles also now that my ear is steady on whats happening.. thanks everyone...

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 04/13/10 at 13:27:35

rattles, I know rattles... small onry fella, bites.

to determine the location of a rattle, place hand on suspect component till it stops, eureka, the usual suspects are headlight and speedo.  occasionally, drive pulley cover.  once you get to this one, just tighten everything.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/13/10 at 13:52:26

rattles could be a lot of things and some come and go. My headlight rattles soemtimes but not usually. I had a rattle from my top engine mount coming loose. Had a rattle for about a week that I couldnt find. Took the tank off, checked anything I could imagine might be loose but to no avail. Put the tank back on and no more rattle.
Im betting you rgurgling sound was just oil draining back into the sump and that you'd just never noticed it before. My bike also tings and pings and all other sorts of sounds almost as soon as I turn it off as the engine starts cooling back down.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #22 - 04/14/10 at 21:49:56

I may be waaaaay off base here, but how's the battery? I had a car that had a "gurgling" sound once, and I traced it to the battery I was cooking. Like I said, could be way off, but if you haven't found the culprit yet it might be worth a look.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #23 - 04/17/10 at 22:11:10

I had a bubbling noise once... sounded a little like grease in a frying pan.  Turned out that I'd gotten water in the spark plug hole, where of course it hissed and sputtered until it evaporated.  It happened when I washed the bike.  Now it happens every time I wash the bike, which means about once a year.  Once I figured it out, it wasn't nearly as scary, but the first time it definitely didn't sound healthy.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #24 - 04/17/10 at 22:20:08

i got nothin on the gurgling but as for rattles my big one was the speedo rattle. the way to fix i found on here was pretty extensive. i just took of the springs and reassembled with some black silicone holding them in place. but sorry thankfully i have no gurgling sounds. i do have a shhzwhhe at shut down sometimes Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 04/18/10 at 11:50:58

When I hear gurggling & bubbling I start moving away from the deep end & back toward the shallow end. Have you considered a snorkel?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #26 - 04/21/10 at 06:07:06

yes speedometer rattles i have fixed that in past but starting back again going to do something different this time...

Dont know if headlight rattles or not havent found whats rattling up front as it is only on high rev's and rpm's...
but i will eventually find it...

I am having to order the raptor 660 fuel assy for my bike though it seems since i had another issue yesterday out of nowhere...

once again the bike choked out like it was running out of gas with a nearly full tank... i turned to reserve and pop pop bang it was running right again... so i have no choice but to replace the fuel assy and then that will give me the old stock savage assy to rebuild for spare..

i have been reading that the raptor works better anyways but i got to plug something off.. i will get more into it once it has arrived.. i am looking at ordering it from ron ayers site hoping its what i need... thanks
peace

GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #27 - 04/21/10 at 15:35:22

ok just ordered the raptor assy from ron ayers... we will see if that fixes the problem... i sure hope so... once i got the tank off i am going to go ahead and do the valves and that leaky cap thats causing oil on the engine, as well as change plug and anything else i can get into while down in there... Wink now to go learn about adjusting the valves.. seen there was a great thread once here i will have to find it and see if i have right tools for adjusting valves or not sitting round.. I adjust the valves on my V dubs myself so maybe it wont be much different  Wink Thanks.

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #28 - 04/21/10 at 21:12:08

my ammo box handle rattles like u wouldn't believe! good news is, i barely hear the headlight & speedo rattle and the belt chirp!!! LOL!!!

then again, the first time i took the tank off, i broke one of the speedo screws, so she's ziptied on....not as much rattling now, that might be a new mod lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #29 - 05/08/10 at 14:59:43

yeah belt has small chirp to it and i think the headlight is starting to rattle .... had a rattle in window shield also.. but its fixed now..

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 21:36:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gurgling bubbling?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.