one year! (Read 334 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: one year!
Reply #15 - 04/13/10 at 07:40:55

haha i hear ya! @ the the course i took, they made u do figure 8's in a small box, well i did great until the last practice run before the test! the bike stalled and i dropped it lol

didn't do that on the test though luckily  !

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #16 - 04/14/10 at 01:53:22

We had the figure 8's and all too, on the WA one.  Although, I think I remember 'em saying if we dropped the bike, even in practice, we were out, and had to sign up again?  Can't remember. Undecided  Maybe that was for the test. Huh

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 04/14/10 at 03:33:28

Rocco wrote on 04/12/10 at 13:53:30:
sweeeet!! i've only laid her down once thank God! but i've learned alot in the one year!

i got my bike about 3 weeks before i got my license, so i was confined to parking lots for a little while lol

hey rocco, I trust home life is treating you well ?  and you have a great home life partner to go home to.   Wink

spending time in parking lots is a really great way to start out when you get a bike for the first tim.   Little to no traffic; lots of time/space to start/stop, accelerate/brake; turns of all sorts; no traffic to run you over when you fall over, and other such good things.

it is the perfect traing ground that is easily accessable

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 04/14/10 at 07:26:04

what's up my brotha! yes sir! everything is goin pretty good! we're lookin @ this 3 bedroom house from a friend, that will rent it to us as @ a steal of a price! she's very excited about that ! i'm takin her to an art show on sunday(girls love the stuff we think is corny right?) lol BUT we may hit the gun show first lol so i'll have a little fun !

and i agree! there's a target near my house, i used to go there after the night stock people left(around 12ish) and tear it up lol i remember tryin to challenge myself a little more each time!

the cops showed once, he flicked his lights on because i assume he was there for a little while before i noticed him...BUT luckily i don't have a sportbike(wasn't practicing tricks lol) and when he saw me make a u-turn, stop, take off, stop, take off, lol i guess he knew what i was doing!!!!!  Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #19 - 04/14/10 at 07:40:29

The DMV riding test wasn't too hard except for only 1 part consisting of:
accelerating to a minimum 30mph in a measured short distance, then coming to full stop (req'd both brakes!) in a measured distance, which was all in the same box. I got 100% on test, but had to redo that part 3 times (which was legal) It was extremely hard to watch the speedo and the lines on the pavement at the same time.
Anyone else had to do that ?

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #20 - 04/14/10 at 08:08:12

Routy wrote on 04/14/10 at 07:40:29:
The DMV riding test wasn't too hard except for only 1 part consisting of:
accelerating to a minimum 30mph in a measured short distance, then coming to full stop (req'd both brakes!) in a measured distance, which was all in the same box. I got 100% on test, but had to redo that part 3 times (which was legal) It was extremely hard to watch the speedo and the lines on the pavement at the same time.
Anyone else had to do that ?

That was included in my MSP class!  I think we had to do it straight, and also with a swerve involved before the stop.  They stood in front of you and after you passed the first line, they held out one arm or the other, pointing left or right.  We had to swerve the correct direction, going fast enough, then come to a stop (yes, both brakes req'd!)  

I've actually been contacted to become an instructor.....  but I told them to give me a year or three...   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 04/14/10 at 09:10:37

Babyhog quote:
 They stood in front of you
-----------------------------------
Theres a really good reason to not be an instructor ! Grin

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #22 - 04/14/10 at 09:21:58

Ya'll think ya'll's tests were easy? Check this out.

My test consisted of pretending there were cones set up for a slolem, once around the DMV parking lot, and what they called a quick stop. As long as you had stopped with both feet on the ground and in first gear you passed. The lady conducting the test said it was the slowest quick stop she had ever seen. Oh yeah, and one figure eight around the imaginary cones.

Before my test I had already been riding bikes for over twenty years without a license and decided it was time to get one.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #23 - 04/14/10 at 19:19:50

When I first started riding on my scooter, hubby and I would ride the bikes up to the school after 4 pm. School parking lots are great as  you can use the lines to practice  your figure 8's in as well as the huge turn around if your has one to practice getting your speed up and having to stop instantly.

In my MSF course if you dropped your bike while taking the test  you had to retake the entire course. No one did during the actual test however, one guy dropped his during practice.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 04/15/10 at 04:57:34

My test was pretty easy. I went & took the written. They told me Id have to trailer the bike up or have a licensed rider take it & let me ride the test course. My license came in the mail before I even made an appointment to go take the riding test...I was happy.. Grin

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #25 - 04/15/10 at 07:06:03

one guy in my class had never been on a bike, which i think is a little unfair because they don't give u all the time u need to learn how to take off without stalling....but anyways!

i was doing the haul butt then stop in a box, i was first in line(everyone behind me) and i see this guy coming towards me....i remember thinking "uuuuhh what's he doing?"

then the bike seemed to slip under him, and he went down chin first!! he had a skid lid so he ate it man, it looked like he "threw" the bike and switched places with the front tire! lol he wasn't hurt too bad and able to continue....but they were right when they said most impacts happen on  the chin lol

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #26 - 04/16/10 at 09:29:18

I got my license two years ago.  I made an appointment at the DMV for a road test first thing in the morning.  I got there early and sat out in front til a guy came out and took my paperwork and sent me to a church parking lot across the street to wait for him.  After about half an hour I went back to see if he forgot about me.  He said they couldn't use that lot because there was a service going on.  As he was talking to me another guy came along.  The first guy explained the situation to him and he said he'd take care of me.  He walked me around the corner to a National Guard parking lot and spoke briefly to someone there.  Then he checked all my lights and horn.  Then he pointed at the lot and told me to go ride a circle.  Before I even finished a complete circle he waved me back, told me I was all set and signed my paperwork.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:57:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › one year!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.