Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
turn signal wiring for dummies-me (Read 407 times)
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Re: turn signal wiring for dummies-me
Reply #15 - 04/11/10 at 23:11:57

being an electrical idiot..let me wrap my head around that for a minute

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 04/12/10 at 06:01:01

Ok, see if this helps.  IF I understand my husband correctly (big IF)....  These signals have one wire for the turn signal, and one for a park light.  The bike has one wire for ground and one for turn signal.  He wired mine using the turn signal wire from the bike to the turn signal wire on the light itself, and the ground wire from the bike to the mounting screw on the light.  They only operate as turn signals.  They do NOT stay lit as running lights.  I think someone said you have to add another wire for that to happen.  Does this sound right?  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 04/12/10 at 07:15:40

Piglet for being a venutian, you speak martian quite well.

WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #18 - 04/12/10 at 07:21:28

verslagen1 wrote on 04/12/10 at 07:15:40:
Piglet for being a venutian, you speak martian quite well.

Grin  Grin  Cuz I like u martians better than my own kind...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #19 - 04/12/10 at 14:21:42

ok that makes sense to me that you very much baby hog! so basically one of the wires is useless to me

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #20 - 04/12/10 at 15:11:48

That was so succinct.  Thank you for the explanation.  babyhog wrote on 04/12/10 at 06:01:01:
Ok, see if this helps.  IF I understand my husband correctly (big IF)....  These signals have one wire for the turn signal, and one for a park light.  The bike has one wire for ground and one for turn signal.  He wired mine using the turn signal wire from the bike to the turn signal wire on the light itself, and the ground wire from the bike to the mounting screw on the light.  They only operate as turn signals.  They do NOT stay lit as running lights.  I think someone said you have to add another wire for that to happen.  Does this sound right?  

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #21 - 04/12/10 at 15:19:21

Very succinct!  Thank you for the clarification.  I think you just saved me about several hours of headache and couple of @?*&*!!

babyhog wrote on 04/12/10 at 06:01:01:

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #22 - 04/12/10 at 15:48:48

Ha!  Glad to help, I just hope I did... help, that is.  Let me know if it actually works!   Wink

I just liked the looks of the signals, and they were cheap.  I wasn't concerned about running lights, so I guess that does leave one wire useless, but I believe you can add another wire and use these signals as running lights too, if you want, so that's a bonus!

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #23 - 04/13/10 at 18:21:14

Babyhog,  that was so well put.  Complete yet brief!  Let's see if I can add one little thing without muddying the whole thing up.  If you don't want running lights you could use that extra wire along with the turn signal wire and get a little extra brightness.  Just wire the ground as explained then wire both wires from the the ts together to the ts wire on the bike.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #24 - 04/13/10 at 20:27:38

This would not draw too much power and cause some sort of electrical problem?  Sorry, I am not very knowledgeable about electrical stuff.  
jef.savage wrote on 04/13/10 at 18:21:14:
Babyhog,  that was so well put.  Complete yet brief!  Let's see if I can add one little thing without muddying the whole thing up.  If you don't want running lights you could use that extra wire along with the turn signal wire and get a little extra brightness.  Just wire the ground as explained then wire both wires from the the ts together to the ts wire on the bike.  

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #25 - 04/13/10 at 20:35:49

It would draw the same power as using your turn signals while your running lights are on or using your brake while your tail light is on, so no, nothing to worry about.

IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #26 - 04/15/10 at 20:42:38

Thanks to everyone's help, I successfully installed a new TS light last night.  Special thanks to Babyhog for her clarification.

Now I have a brand new TS mounted on my lic plate holder, and a new large saddlebags!

Thanks everyone for posting and answering.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:43:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › turn signal wiring for dummies-me

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.