Updates/help (Read 692 times)
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Re: Updates/help
Reply #15 - 04/11/10 at 20:39:14

ahh so that's why you offered me a rear fender Grin
i have a stock tire and don't plan on going that big so it should be fine for me ...right?

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #16 - 04/12/10 at 21:14:57

picked up the mile zero sticker at the end of rt 1 in key west. a great trip even though i was not on the bike, but i wished i had it there...

so i'm selling my bobber fender to RTC, but i'm considering making more using that as a template. is there anyone else who might want one?

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

'03 Savage bobber. Rebuilt too many times.
  IP Logged
Scott_H

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Escondido, CA
Reply #17 - 04/13/10 at 07:32:36

groupus wrote on 04/12/10 at 21:14:57:
picked up the mile zero sticker at the end of rt 1 in key west. a great trip even though i was not on the bike, but i wished i had it there...

so i'm selling my bobber fender to RTC, but i'm considering making more using that as a template. is there anyone else who might want one?

As you already know, I'd like one.  Wink

IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #18 - 04/14/10 at 16:29:10

you going to put the back pegs back on now?

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #19 - 04/17/10 at 12:57:38

i wasn't going to put the back pegs on because i had no intention of taking on riders again, but it seems that once the seat was on, i had no shortage of potential passengers. I took my friend for a ride thursday and she had to put her legs up on top of mine - not a particularly comfortable situation for either of us. I'll probably put them on soon enough, although getting the bolts on will be a pain. maybe i'll black them out to be less noticeable...

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

IP Logged
kk lewi

Suki Love Rocks!

Eastern NC
Reply #20 - 04/17/10 at 16:49:31

groupus wrote on 04/11/10 at 15:48:25:
KK, The muffler is painted with that same VHT paint. i bought the muffler black already but had to redo it after it got scratched. It does chip easily, but are you curing it right?

Cured it but apparently I am doing something wrong.  Yours looks fantastic!

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #21 - 04/18/10 at 17:13:18

i have repainted the muffler probably 3 times because it got scratched or rubbed by pavement or saddle bags (or my dumba$$ friend grinding his boots on it  Angry ). The last time i think i took it down to bare metal. sanding is key to any painting operation to give it a rough surface to stick to. The VHT company also recommends using their high temp primer - might be worth a shot.

IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #22 - 04/26/10 at 20:57:03

so i finally got around to fiddling with the carb again... it now has 52.5 pilot, 1/2 spacer, 153.8 main, screw 2.75 turns out. the problem is it still acts like it wants to stall out when i go to take off.

bigger pilot i guess?

the other variable to consider is that the larger rear tire has changed the "gearing", but i wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference.

any suggestions, i miss my torque.

IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #23 - 04/26/10 at 21:24:39

mine is pretty weak in the 0-1/8 throttle range. i know i need to rejet becasue of my high altitude and my dyna muffler but havent got around to it yet. mine doesnt really try and stall it just doesnt do much. the way i cure this is i let the clutch out slowly until i get to 1/8 so i end up picking up speed pretty quick. i know tis is not the right answer but i enjoy it and it works Cheesy

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 04/26/10 at 22:19:31

I got a 16" wheel and just about the biggest tire the swingarm will allow... I haven't got any issue with stalling out.

Is it only the low end or pretty weak through out?

WWW   IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #25 - 04/27/10 at 18:37:28

took it out for a test drive tonight: it still has a little bit of a weak spot right when i go to take off, but its not unreasonable. the mid-range is real happy sounding now, so that white spacer trick was a good idea. However, the higher throttle range doesn't sound that great. power seems to be consistent, but somewhere over maybe 3/4 throttle its not so smooth. the best way to describe it is it goes from "purring" to "banging" - though not actually banging, that would be bad. clumsy sounding? i need better adjectives... Undecided

no i dea what the top speed is either because i must have pulled the speedo cable out when playing with the carb ($h!t) Angry

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 04/27/10 at 18:45:30

I'd concider the next higher main, maybe even a 160 and put back the white spacer to stock.  might fix the high and the low at the same time.

WWW   IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #27 - 04/28/10 at 18:20:44

higher main is a must, but 160  Shocked?! i was just gonna get a 155 and a 52.5 with bleed holes...

also, why put the spacer back to stock when going 1/2 spacer improved midrange? just curious to the reasoning.

ps. i've been trying to keep track of these changes, so i'll post my own tuning guide soon. just have to fix the speedo so i can keep track of mpg and top speed.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 04/28/10 at 18:36:20

groupus wrote on 04/28/10 at 18:20:44:
also, why put the spacer back to stock when going 1/2 spacer improved midrange? just curious to the reasoning.

I think you got the mid-range right, but if you add to the main you add to everything.

WWW   IP Logged
groupus

Maintenance is as
much art as it is
science.

PA
Reply #29 - 05/03/10 at 19:39:56

right, ok. so i went on a long ride this weekend from Lancaster to Pittsburg, PA, and all i have to say is... WTF!?!  Angry

consistently 35 mpg; 75 mph max - thats only about 65 miles per tank. not good on a 400+ mile trip. i went up to a 157.5 main to go with the 1/2 spacer and cone filter before leaving. i also changed the jets around a couple of times when i stopped between 150, 153.8, and 157.5 (i can do it real fast now), but nothing made any definitive or noticeable difference. I'm seriously considering going back to the stock air filter OR plugging up the cone a bit. performance was fine before, i need the mpg more. used to get 60 mpg; 90 mph max.

i like the look sans airbox but this is ridiculous. any ideas?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:18:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Updates/help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.