Carb's and intro (Read 117 times)
NickNZ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Nelson, New Zealand
Carb's and intro
04/04/10 at 16:09:56

Hi, i am from NZ, loving my Savage, slowly buying parts (definately want to get a stage two cam somehow...)
Anyway i am rebuilding the motor, am going to try a bronze/whitemetal bearing for the cam journals as they are a bit sad, which i scavenged from work and seems to be perfect diameter..will let you know how that goes. Have some ideas regarding that i will try. Anyway, I have two carbs in my garage, one original Quicksilver off a Harley, (have not yet had a look what needle is in there), and a TM 38mm Mikuni (not pumper). Will the Mikuni work (i have a full set of needles and jets to play with)...I really want to use the Quicksilver however, can anybody (LancerSmiley), tell me can/do you get the needles from Edelbrock? Still? I know it has been said a number 5 is the one for a savage, i guess i dont have a #5 in there.
Thanks very much...

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Carb's and intro
Reply #1 - 04/04/10 at 16:18:08

Yep, Lancer is THE carb man.  We have alot of knowledgeable folks around here.  I just wanted to say welcome, since I know nothing about carbs!   Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
NickNZ
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Nelson, New Zealand
Reply #2 - 04/04/10 at 16:53:59

Cheers Babyhog. The forum here has been my main source of entertainment for the last five weeks as i have been stuck away from home for work, spending my offtime on the net...its been great to learn so much, when i get home i can do all the changes i plan, fully armed with knowledge. Its great stuff. I have already ported the head, added a Harley muffler, replaced cam chain-though now will open up again to mod the adjuster. Its a 1988 bike, 25,000 miles.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 04/05/10 at 12:56:39

hey man,

welcome here

the q/s carb will likely need a #4 needle on a stock engine and perhaps the #5 depending on how much you build the engine.

I use a #5 on mine currently...we shall see how it goes with the new changes of bigger piston and higher CR along with the S 2 cam
will not know until it is together and put it on the dyno for a quick dial-in

must get needles from q//s  dealers, not direct ...they usually do not do that

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:46:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb's and intro

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.