Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
just finished dyna install (Read 329 times)
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
just finished dyna install
04/03/10 at 22:28:58

so i just finished installing a dyna muffler. it has a straight end, not the tapered as normally seen. it went pretty well with no modification but the tip of the exhaust is only a couple millimeters from the brake line. is the line gonna melt or what? should i be worried? i guess if there's a problem i'll have a shop fab me an adapter and hopefully that will help but not sure it will move it over.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: just finished dyna install
Reply #1 - 04/03/10 at 22:33:54

My harley exhaust touches my brake line. Been going over 6k mi. Im sure it will decrease the life of the cable over all but I dont recall anyone here ever saying anything about having the replace the rear brake cable because it broke.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 04/03/10 at 22:42:49

you can gently bend the rear brake cable guide to gain a bit of clearance...

I Ching... Quote:
... rear brake is nothing,... it's for wussies...

Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 04/04/10 at 12:39:28

Brake "cable".   Brake "line" is for hydralics like on the front end.  

The cable won't melt.  It's steel.

It will get sootie/dirty, but a quick wipe down with a rag or papertowel make it pretty again.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #4 - 04/04/10 at 21:26:08

cool... no worries then i guess. this muffler sounds awesome compared to the stock. a little louder would be nice but it is way deep. i cranked it up with just the header on and had to shut it off immediatley cause i'm in a military housing neighborhood. i know a straightpipe would be way too loud. anyone know if the jardine is an awesome in between?

IP Logged
siriusjoe

Chicago, IL
Reply #5 - 04/05/10 at 23:28:59

RTC wrote on 04/04/10 at 21:26:08:
anyone know if the jardine is an awesome in between?

The Jardine is a nice rumble at idle, and not too loud at a slow cruise, but it gets very loud when you crack open the throttle.  At highway speed, or coming off a stoplight, it easily drowns out my Marauder 800 with Cobra pipes.   My wife hates the Jardine, my son loves it.

Joe

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/06/10 at 03:55:29

Supertrapp is a strong sound but not`raucus. Itll roll thru a hospital zone if the gas is handled gently, or, Itll Rumble & Growl, but its not just horribly loud.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #7 - 04/06/10 at 08:27:47

Joe,
if you had backfire on decelleration, did it change, or get any louder?
siriusjoe wrote on 04/05/10 at 23:28:59:

The Jardine is a nice rumble at idle, and not too loud at a slow cruise, but it gets very loud when you crack open the throttle.  At highway speed, or coming off a stoplight, it easily drowns out my Marauder 800 with Cobra pipes.   My wife hates the Jardine, my son loves it.

Joe

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
kk lewi

Suki Love Rocks!

Eastern NC
Reply #8 - 04/06/10 at 16:30:21

siriusjoe wrote on 04/05/10 at 23:28:59:

The Jardine is a nice rumble at idle, and not too loud at a slow cruise, but it gets very loud when you crack open the throttle.
Joe

+1  
It is very loud.  I still haven't been able to get on top of the backfiring issue either.  I shouldn't need to rejet as I'm only 2 1/4 out and looking at my spark plug and rear brake lever I'm running rich.  I might need to try some muffler goop as I only have a clamp on it as is.  
Also I keep thinking about this silly spring...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1268545171/0

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #9 - 04/06/10 at 20:12:29

Quote,.....
+1  
It is very loud.  I still haven't been able to get on top of the backfiring issue either.  I shouldn't need to rejet as I'm only 2 1/4 out and looking at my spark plug and rear brake lever I'm running rich.  I might need to try some muffler goop as I only have a clamp on it as is.  
Also I keep thinking about this silly spring...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1268545171/0
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If its like everything else w/ tuning these bikes, what works for one, may not work for others.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
siriusjoe

Chicago, IL
Reply #10 - 04/06/10 at 22:52:19

Routy wrote on 04/06/10 at 08:27:47:
Joe,
if you had backfire on decelleration, did it change, or get any louder?

When I had the stock muffler on, I was able to get rid of the backfire by adjusting the air screw.  But I had to turn it almost 3 turns out, so it could have used a jet change even with the stock muffler.

Once I put the Jardine on, the backfiring came back in a big way. The engine is running hotter, and the pipe is turning brown near the engine.   I'm hoping the jet kit will take care of all those things.  Just haven't had time to install it yet.

Joe

IP Logged
Cadillac
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/29/10 at 09:43:21

siriusjoe wrote on 04/06/10 at 22:52:19:
When I had the stock muffler on, I was able to get rid of the backfire by adjusting the air screw.  But I had to turn it almost 3 turns out, so it could have used a jet change even with the stock muffler.

Once I put the Jardine on, the backfiring came back in a big way. The engine is running hotter, and the pipe is turning brown near the engine.   I'm hoping the jet kit will take care of all those things.  Just haven't had time to install it yet.

Joe

What jets are you going to use? Did you install them yet? I have an 04 stock and just bought a Jardine. I am looking to rejet, but not sure which to use.

IP Logged
siriusjoe

Chicago, IL
Reply #12 - 04/30/10 at 20:29:08

Cadillac wrote on 04/29/10 at 09:43:21:
What jets are you going to use? Did you install them yet? I have an 04 stock and just bought a Jardine. I am looking to rejet, but not sure which to use.

I got one of Lancer's jet kits but haven't installed it yet.  Been busy working on my other bike, and my wife doesn't ride the S40 until the weather warms up a bit.

Joe

IP Logged
james may

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

holyoke, ma
Reply #13 - 04/30/10 at 20:54:10

I've got a jardine on mine and it's pretty loud.  I come down our driveway at Idle and my wife says she thinks a helicopter is flying over head.. Thud thud thud thud thud.......  Really loud on full throttle deeper than stock still alittle higher pitched than a harley with a very slightly tinny noise.  Sets off some car alarms if I'm racing down the right street. Here's a youtube of a jardine on a savage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQuw37nE30  .  It actually sounds like it's lounder than mine, I think the enclosed space and narrow frequency band on the recording device, but you get the idea of how it sounds.

doublecheerypie   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 09:33:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › just finished dyna install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.