Send Topic Print
tires (Read 123 times)
plafferty2008
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

tires
04/03/10 at 21:17:21

My front tire is pretty worn. What type of tire is good for the front of my 2003 Savage?
The previous owner put an IRC on the rear that is still has lots of tread left.
I want good but not too expensive.
Any recommendations?

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: tires
Reply #1 - 04/03/10 at 21:34:37

The "Technical Documents/Reference" section of this site is supposed to be for "how-to" information, not general questions. General questions and "how do I" type questions should be placed in the "Rubber Side Down" section.

Having all that said, I replaced my stock IRC tires with Shinko's last summer and have been very happy with them, and the pair installed was about $180 total with new tubes and all. Several people on this site tend to like the Metzelers, since they are supposedly a softer compound that gives a more sticky feel into the corners, but they are more expensive too.

Try the search engine on this website looking for tires and you will get lots of information, just be sure you have it look for "all posts" not just the last week.

Good luck!!!

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: tires
Reply #2 - 04/03/10 at 21:35:03

No offense but questions should be posted in rubber side down. Tech section is for How To's and questions related specifically to those.

But to answer your question simply...anything is better than IRC. Favorites are Metzelers, Dunlops, Perelli, and Maxxis. Of those Dunlops tend to be cheaper. The others are kind of pricey. If you're looking for cheap Dunlop 404's or 401's. I dont recall which I have. Or see if you can find Cheng Shins. They arent bad considering I got a front and back tire for $80 or $90

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 20:20:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.