Send Topic Print
cut rear fender (Read 182 times)
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
cut rear fender
03/30/10 at 19:26:27

I want to install a short cut rear fender on my bike. Does anyone know of where I can buy one online that will fit with minimal adjustments to it, or do i need to have a local make one for me? thanks in advance for your great answers!

IP Logged
kickstartmyheart
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Re:  cut rear fender
Reply #1 - 03/30/10 at 20:02:02

blue collar bobbers.com makes a pretty cool fiber glass fender for the savage... i emailed the guy for a price on just the fender and braces and he said 210.00 its a bit pricey for me but you might check it out...  i am still looking for a bobber style fender myself, might make one if work doesnt pick up.

05 Savage 14,000k Straight pipe, re-jetted, K&N filter, shorty risers, home depot tail light, homemade license bracket, no turn indicators, had a mirror once but it rattled off.
funridetohell gasmaskfuturexx   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 03/30/10 at 20:46:57

i'm thinkin of just cutting the original, why not? it's already bolted on lol 200 bucks is waaay too much cash!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Reply #3 - 03/30/10 at 21:21:45

I'm gonna have to check out cutting the original too. sounds like the best option for my budget. from looking at other pics and posts, it's seems that the wires and rectifier will all fit under the seat. anyone got a better place for it/them?

IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #4 - 03/30/10 at 22:13:29

I know several people have used trailer fenders.  If you do a search, you may even find a part number.  From what I remember reading they were pretty cheap.  Its also a nice clean look.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #5 - 03/31/10 at 07:02:56

If you look on ebay there is a guy that cuts the original down to your specs,but it's still like 100 bucks.DZ customs is the name I think.You can use a trailer fender,and cut it to your liking.They're around 28 bucks.Any trailer place has them. Northern tool,Tractor supply,etc.
They are strong too.
This one has about 12" cut off of it.I'm thinking once I get back on my feet about doing a complete bobber kit like on my bikes.For alot less than blue collar.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #6 - 03/31/10 at 11:22:49

I put a cutting wheel on my grinder and cut my own.  I was surprised at how easy it was.  The original plan was to eliminate the rear seat and leave about half the fender but when I found my project bike it had beautiful hand made leather seat covers.  The rear is embossed "EIGHTY SIX" the year of the bike.  So I left the seat and just took off the area behind it.
I used the top of a margarine container to draw the curve and then cut it as close as I could and ground the rest.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #7 - 03/31/10 at 11:27:38

Demin wrote on 03/31/10 at 07:02:56:
I'm thinking once I get back on my feet about doing a complete bobber kit like on my bikes.For alot less than blue collar.

That would be great Demin. And it would be metal not fiberglass like blue collar.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #8 - 03/31/10 at 11:28:29

I love those seat covers Jef. Any idea who made them?

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #9 - 03/31/10 at 11:37:35

That is a pretty sweet looking seat Jef.  Is it comfortable?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #10 - 03/31/10 at 12:01:17

The previous owner did the leather work.  She said it was her first attempt. I could e-mail her if there's interest.  
The seat feels very comfortable so far but I've only ridden it around the condo complex.  Still some more work to do before I register and insure it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:33:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cut rear fender

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.