Send Topic Print
The mods continue (Read 654 times)
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
The mods continue
03/28/10 at 10:09:56

It is still a work in progress but I feel like the bike is finally pulling together.  The first pic is right before I bought it.  The other pix are from this weekend.  This bike has been my daily driver so all mods have been done one day at a time to keep it on the road.

Mods done:
Superbrace
Wrapped header with Supertrapp
VN750 gas tank (painted with truckbed liner)
raptor petcock
Veypor speedo(wired to the ignition)
Air box removed cone filter added
mini battery install
Front fender painted
seat redone
leatherlyke saddlebags

Yet to come:
Ed L forward controls
Floorboards
replace tail light
paint rear fender
indicator lights mounted by speedo

I welcome any suggestions or comments.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: The mods continue
Reply #1 - 03/28/10 at 10:11:54

Lookin' good.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/28/10 at 10:17:47

nice, what risers did you use?

I would lengthen the breather hose a bit and put the filter behind the new floor plate.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 03/28/10 at 10:22:20

I like the fender stripe... seems like it should continue on the tank...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #4 - 03/28/10 at 14:36:09

verslagen1 wrote on 03/28/10 at 10:17:47:
nice, what risers did you use?

I would lengthen the breather hose a bit and put the filter behind the new floor plate.

They are the stock risers.

I was told by a female friend that the cone filter and breather filter were sexy.  You can understand my reluctance to hide the breather.

Serowbot,
I think the tank needs more red then just the gas cap and may be painting something on the sides, but I am concerned that stripes would look to narrow on that big tank.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 03/28/10 at 14:54:25

Whatever gets the job done my friend.

Knowing that on occasion, I find oil in the airbox would concern me on where that oil is going to end up is all.

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 03/28/10 at 20:32:05

i am totally diggin the black header wrap! mine was charcoal when i put it on, it's almost white now lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #7 - 03/28/10 at 22:16:04

Rocco wrote on 03/28/10 at 20:32:05:
i am totally diggin the black header wrap! mine was charcoal when i put it on, it's almost white now lol

I used a silicon paint made by DEI.  It makes it nice and black and seals it from the elements.  It has been on for about 1,000 miles and lives outside.  There has been no discoloration.  If it did, it would be really easy just to respray.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #8 - 03/28/10 at 23:32:47

Nice going Wolf... Curious about the capacity the ease and how you fit the VN750 tank. It looks pretty good with that bed liner on it. The size and shape is attractive on the Savage too. You take pictures when you did the tank fitment?

Thanks and regards,
John

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 03/29/10 at 05:09:32

Very nice work  !  
K&N or similar on the carb, fork brace and I see you have a Veyor as well.  How do you like the Veypor so far ?  It is a very versatile device, handy and easy to use.

Is the tank painted or did you spray it with the bed liner stuff ?

IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #10 - 03/29/10 at 07:32:35

I agree with all of the above, that is a nice looking bike. Please tell more about the mini battery.  Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #11 - 03/29/10 at 09:45:58

Rockin John,
The tank is a 3.5 gallon.  The mounting was not that difficult, but it is not reversible.  You have to cut the old mounts off and attach new ones.  I also cut the seat to account for the extra 2 inches in length on the new tank.  I will take some pix next time the tank is off.

Lancer,
I have had the Veypor for less then a week but so far I am pleased. I wired the harness into the ignition lock so it turns on and off with the bike.  The aluminum case might be a good addition since I do not plan on removing it from the bike very often.  I look forward to playing with some of the toys so i can get the bike dialed in a little better.  I would appreciate any input you might have in getting the most out of this tool.

The tank is bed liner.  I did a test before I used it and let gas sitting on some coated scrap metal.  It washed right off and did not discolor.

Oldnewguy,
I have had the mini battery for about a month and I woke up this morning to a dead battery.  Angry I blame myself though.  Embarrassed I used a cheep battery from battery plus.  (I think it was Trucknduck that warned about these batteries in Boule'tard's original post).  I have a way to strap a normal sized battery on to the empty space while I wait for the new battery.  

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #12 - 03/29/10 at 19:48:47

It looks great!  I would definitely stripe the tank.  There's no rule that says it has to be the same width as the stripe on the fender.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #13 - 03/30/10 at 13:19:12

How about just a single red stripe around the bottom of the tank... since you already got the red gas cap

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #14 - 03/30/10 at 18:43:47

A Red Rose would look nice too..  Your mods look very nice and can't wait to see the rest.. Thanks for sharing with  us.... Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:27:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The mods continue

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.