Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need suggestions for travel bag/sissy bar (Read 65 times)
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Need suggestions for travel bag/sissy bar
03/27/10 at 09:11:35

Ever since the dragon rides topic has come up I've been looking into mc luggage and how I would make the trip. It's 550 miles to Robbinsville NC from St Louis (if I can go that way through TN since the rockslide Add at least 75 miles if detoured.). So I'd be at least 2 days on the road both ways plus the ride itself. Figuring the space I'd need for at least a tent, sleeping bag, clothes and raingear + the common sense essentials, I was looking at something like the set-up below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230381322422&vi...

or at least a barrel duffle bag like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280364336610&vi...

The problem is, the half dozen sissy bags I found say you need at least 10inches of height on the bar. my OEM set up is 7 inches from the deck of my luggage rack to the top of the passenger backrest. Is there a better set up for the OEM equipment or a taller compatible bar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? What kind of gear are the rest of you using?

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Need suggestions for travel bag/sissy bar
Reply #1 - 03/27/10 at 10:01:43

Southpaw wrote on 03/27/10 at 09:11:35:
...mc luggage ... What kind of gear are the rest of you using?

Standard 21" Airline Carry-on suitcase, complete with handle and wheels.  Undo the safety bungie, grab the suitcase handle and lift off the bike.  Extend handle and pull behind going to motel room.

The black bundle on the pillion is sleeping bag, pillow, tarp, in case I got tired and wanted to stop wherever.

How I made it: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1177262289

WWW   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Re: Need suggestions for travel bag/sissy bar
Reply #2 - 03/27/10 at 11:20:41

VERY Nice!!! I'd have never thought of that! Still considering all options but that's a keeper for sure!

Thanks

Dan

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:52:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need suggestions for travel bag/sissy bar

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.