Send Topic Print
absolutely horrific (Read 651 times)
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: absolutely horrific
Reply #30 - 03/30/10 at 14:47:54

That must have been a tall employee that could see up in truck at what he was doing.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #31 - 03/30/10 at 19:23:42

bill67 wrote on 03/30/10 at 14:47:54:
  That must have been a tall employee that could see up in truck at what he was doing.

I believe the employee said she talked to him afterward, and that's what HE TOLD her.  I'd have to read the story again, since apparently, you didn't read it.

And also, I'm memory serves, it was a city truck, or business of some kind, so the driver may have been driving for his living, but that's even more reason that he should be more alert while driving!  He should be held to a higher standard if he drives for a living!  Sorry, I'm trying to feel bad for the guy, but just can't seem to find any reason yet.  I understand work pressures and stresses.  Maybe more will come out later and change my mind.  I'm just not feeling it right now.  It was an accident, most likely, and a terrible one.  But I still have to blame the driver until something comes out otherwise.

And I don't normally jump to conclusions.  I guess this one just hit me all wrong.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 03/30/10 at 20:04:52

Bill, sometimes youre funny...lately, not so much, IMO. Please, if youre gonna comment, at least read the posts.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #33 - 04/01/10 at 21:28:23

Paladin. wrote on 03/25/10 at 22:36:46:
I've been rear-ended four times -- all in cages, all with me stopped in traffic.  On the bike I stay in gear and pointed at an escape hole while watching for any incoming.

Good plan... I am new and will be doing this from now on.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #34 - 04/01/10 at 21:45:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/30/10 at 20:04:52:
Bill, sometimes youre funny...lately, not so much, IMO. Please, if youre gonna comment, at least read the posts.

I have made no comment on this thread, I was warned by the title.
I didn't  see it,and I don't want to.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #35 - 04/01/10 at 22:28:05

This was on the news the other day and broke my heart.
I have had family members involved in the trucking business most of my life. I can't vouch for all truck drivers, yet the ones I know are careful and take their share of crap from other drivers of various vehicles as well.

I would like to think that the driver did not have any intension of harming any of them.

All drivers no matter the type of vehicle their driving, need to pay better attention to what is going on all around them.

My heart goes out to all the victim's and their families.  :'(

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #36 - 04/02/10 at 01:35:32

kimchris1 wrote on 04/01/10 at 22:28:05:
This was on the news the other day and broke my heart.
I have had family members involved in the trucking business most of my life. I can't vouch for all truck drivers, yet the ones I know are careful and take their share of crap from other drivers of various vehicles as well.

I would like to think that the driver did not have any intension of harming any of them.

All drivers no matter the type of vehicle their driving, need to pay better attention to what is going on all around them.

My heart goes out to all the victim's and their families.  :'(

kim,
I was in the trucking business a few years,and to my suprise I found most truck drivers to be god awful, many are wired on bennies, I have seen many doing lines of coke at truck stops, once parked for the night ,drinking whisky,and vodka. In a Utah weigh station myself and two others were pulled over for random drug test ,2 of us drove away,one guy didn't pass, that's pretty bad,one out of three dui .
So please don't kid your self. I'm sure there are some good ones out there ,as for me I stay as far away as possible.
If and when you come accross a big crash and tie up on the super slab,there is usually a semi involved.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #37 - 04/02/10 at 02:54:30

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 04/01/10 at 21:28:23:
Paladin. wrote on 03/25/10 at 22:36:46:
I've been rear-ended four times -- all in cages, all with me stopped in traffic.  On the bike I stay in gear and pointed at an escape hole while watching for any incoming.

Good plan... I am new and will be doing this from now on.

Yep, good idea, I always do this.  They even taught it in our MSF course. Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #38 - 04/02/10 at 05:58:26

Mick, I said I couldn't vouch for all truck drivers.
I am aware that their are ones that drive trucks that make bad decisions.

We can't assume all are careless and class them together. Remember we get offended or at least I do when classed together with the non caring, racing stunts that other bike riders pull.

My eyes as well as my mind are opened..

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #39 - 04/02/10 at 06:14:14

One lesson learned here when your on a motorcycle keep your fingers to yourself.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 04/02/10 at 09:43:19

I stop my car far enough back from who ever is in front to be able to turn & go around them, JIC they should have a problem or in case someone is about to smack me in the rear. I may or may not be able to turn & find a safe way out, but I can at least scoot up & have a go at getting out of the way. 3 feet back? No hope..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #41 - 04/03/10 at 06:34:29

skatnbnc wrote on 03/26/10 at 05:34:11:
Yesterday I was almost rear ended by a lady talking on her cell phone.

I THANKFULLY had seen either Paladin and/or other persons post suggestions to always have an OUT in traffic, so when I saw her coming in the rearview, and NOT slowing down, I was already in gear and watching, so I immediatley zipped up the left side of the car in front of me.

SHE HIT THAT CAR and rear-ended them instead of me!! Hard enough to crumple her hood too. Shocked

Always have an OUT. Thank you guys for posting that and for saving my bike ! and me!
Cool

Glad you made it out of that situation. Might, as a witness, let the rear ended driver know to have his insurance company subpenea that cell phone records of the driver. Seen some that will swear up and down they were not on the phone when they crashed. When will cell phones in vehicles be outlawed?!

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 04/03/10 at 08:32:50

Jay wrote on 04/03/10 at 06:34:29:
skatnbnc wrote on 03/26/10 at 05:34:11:
Yesterday I was almost rear ended by a lady talking on her cell phone.

I THANKFULLY had seen either Paladin and/or other persons post suggestions to always have an OUT in traffic, so when I saw her coming in the rearview, and NOT slowing down, I was already in gear and watching, so I immediatley zipped up the left side of the car in front of me.

SHE HIT THAT CAR and rear-ended them instead of me!! Hard enough to crumple her hood too. Shocked

Always have an OUT. Thank you guys for posting that and for saving my bike ! and me!
Cool

Glad you made it out of that situation. Might, as a witness, let the rear ended driver know to have his insurance company subpenea that cell phone records of the driver. Seen some that will swear up and down they were not on the phone when they crashed. When will cell phones in vehicles be outlawed?!

Hopefully, they will never be outlawed. Hopefully, instead of laws to Control behavior, we will, instead, have laws that hold people accountable for the results of their actions. IOW, talk on it all you like, BUT, IF you are At Fault in an accident, While talking on the phone, You Gonna PAY.

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #43 - 04/04/10 at 01:33:26

Justin,
I see your point, and I can see some situations that cell phone use might be warranted. However, waiting til someone is assessed as being "at fault" in a justice system that is as shifty as ours is, allows for far too many people to potentially get away with murder, or at least hurting someone for life. At that point, making someone pay won't restore life or function. I'm all for civil liberties, but there are some things that are just too dangerous to be allowed. Personally, I put cell phone use while driving in that category, both talking and texting. Many will disagree, and have their reasons to do so. I respect that, but I also stand by my opinion, and that's what it is, my opinion. It's based on studies showing the distraction level of drivers using cell phones, and my own personal experience on the road trying not to become a statistic. I want to get home to my family, not provide an opportunity for my wife to make someone pay after I'm gone or permanently disabled.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 04/04/10 at 01:47:33

Okay, we disagree. I can live with that! Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/18/24 at 10:28:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › absolutely horrific

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.