03/25/10 at 19:45:11

WWW   IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: absolutely horrific
Reply #1 - 03/25/10 at 19:54:35

I hate to say this but motorcycle death is almost daily out here. I have been riding in Phoenix for ten years and I have been run down three times. Sooner or later they will finish the job...but I will ride till they do.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/25/10 at 19:54:53

Carefree Highway....   ironic...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 03/25/10 at 20:09:41

WWW   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 03/25/10 at 20:40:29

My condolences to their families and loved ones.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 03/25/10 at 21:31:10

Absolutely horrific is the only way to describe such carnage. My heart breaks for the riders and their families....I hope the truck driver will pay and pay for this by reliving this hellish event every time he lies down to sleep for the night. May this haunt him for the rest of his days. :'(

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #6 - 03/25/10 at 21:54:13

Well, folks, I feel sad for all involved. And having family members who were involved in the trucking industry for years I'm not so quick to throw a driver under the bus, so to speak. If he was drunk or on drugs, that's one thing, but if he was distracted by something, I say there but for the grace of God. Everyone I know has had a close call at some time that but for a few inches & a little luck could have put us in a similar position. He will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life, & for some that can be harder on them & their families than a death sentence.
 It may just be a very tragic accident for all concerned. It will certainly effect the lives of the drivers' family who were also innocent in this accident. Sad

All in all, a life-altering event in the many lives involved no matter how it happened. :'(

Having known a gentleman who through no fault of his own killed a young man in an accident & seeing it destroy his life over a period of 5 years gives me a different perspective on this, I guess.

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
jlsmedic

LIVE HARD RIDE
HARD.....LIVE YOUR
LIFE

Red Rock, AZ
Reply #7 - 03/25/10 at 22:32:44

Being from Tucson and working at our trauma center I see lots of this on a daily basis except some form of stupidity is involved. Im very saddened to see a fellow firefighter go down like that. My condolences to family and friends. This is just another reminder that we have to watch out in EVERY direction and keep our head on a swivel when riding.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #8 - 03/25/10 at 22:36:46

I've been rear-ended four times -- all in cages, all with me stopped in traffic.  On the bike I stay in gear and pointed at an escape hole while watching for any incoming.

WWW   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #9 - 03/26/10 at 05:34:11

Yesterday I was almost rear ended by a lady talking on her cell phone.

I THANKFULLY had seen either Paladin and/or other persons post suggestions to always have an OUT in traffic, so when I saw her coming in the rearview, and NOT slowing down, I was already in gear and watching, so I immediatley zipped up the left side of the car in front of me.

SHE HIT THAT CAR and rear-ended them instead of me!! Hard enough to crumple her hood too. Shocked

Always have an OUT. Thank you guys for posting that and for saving my bike ! and me!
Cool

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #10 - 03/26/10 at 05:45:43

skatnbnc wrote on 03/26/10 at 05:34:11:
Yesterday I was almost rear ended by a lady talking on her cell phone.

I THANKFULLY had seen either Paladin and/or other persons post suggestions to always have an OUT in traffic, so when I saw her coming in the rearview, and NOT slowing down, I was already in gear and watching, so I immediatley zipped up the left side of the car in front of me.

SHE HIT THAT CAR and rear-ended them instead of me!! Hard enough to crumple her hood too. Shocked

Always have an OUT. Thank you guys for posting that and for saving my bike ! and me!
Cool

WOW!  Good for you and your quick thinking and attention!  I bet you were shaken up, but I'm glad you are OK!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #11 - 03/26/10 at 06:31:07

Also look out for people getting off the interstate. Monday afternoon, I had a lady come up the exit ramp and run right through the yield sign. She never seen me until my handle bars almost hit the drivers window. Needless to say, I got scared and my right leg jerked out.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 03/26/10 at 06:53:10

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 03/25/10 at 21:54:13:
Well, folks, I feel sad for all involved. And having family members who were involved in the trucking industry for years I'm not so quick to throw a driver under the bus, so to speak. If he was drunk or on drugs, that's one thing, but if he was distracted by something, I say there but for the grace of God. Everyone I know has had a close call at some time that but for a few inches & a little luck could have put us in a similar position. He will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life, & for some that can be harder on them & their families than a death sentence.
 It may just be a very tragic accident for all concerned. It will certainly effect the lives of the drivers' family who were also innocent in this accident. Sad

All in all, a life-altering event in the many lives involved no matter how it happened. :'(

Having known a gentleman who through no fault of his own killed a young man in an accident & seeing it destroy his life over a period of 5 years gives me a different perspective on this, I guess.

I have to agree with ridgerunner on this one. Unfortunately, my oldest brother who is a truck driver had an accident a few years ago in South Dakota. It was a white out that just snuck up on him and he ended up rear ending a white car stopped in the middle of the highway. He tried to put the rig in the ditch but it was too late. Unfortunately three people were killed in the car and it haunts him to this day.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #13 - 03/26/10 at 07:30:01

verslagen1 wrote on 03/25/10 at 19:45:11:

Read it online in my local paper's website. Not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning. Yes, it can happen that fast, to any of us.

FSO
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #14 - 03/26/10 at 08:55:18

RidgeRunner13 wrote on 03/25/10 at 21:54:13:

In looking at the pictures, and reading the account, what strikes me most is no skid marks.  The driver didn't just collide with a bike, he ran over six bikes.  The dump was empty, so it wasn't that he was rolling heavy and couldn't stop.  Have to wonder if he wasn't after one of the riders.  Just a thought.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/18/24 at 08:25:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › absolutely horrific

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.