Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Finished,.....Pics Added 6 inch Forward Controls ? (Read 456 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Finished,.....Pics Added 6 inch Forward Contro
Reply #15 - 03/29/10 at 15:03:13

serenity3743 wrote on 03/29/10 at 13:58:15:
Hey, Routy, looks good.  Question:  would ya wanna sell your 4" FCs?  Are they complete and ready to install?  If so, how much?

I could think of selling them.
Send me a PM.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: 6 inch Forward Controls ?
Reply #16 - 03/29/10 at 15:06:44

Routy wrote on 03/29/10 at 15:01:00:
I think you have it figured out,...maybe ? Smiley
All I know for sure, is that they feel real good. But I don't think I'd want to go for any farther,....as I can see problems come up.

Yeah, like the front wheel hitting them if you stay with a stock front end.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #17 - 03/29/10 at 16:22:34

Hey very nice job. One of the problems I had with my design when I went longer than  4 inches was that the kick stand would cause the plates to flex. Looking real good Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #18 - 03/29/10 at 17:18:48

Yeah Ed, where ya been,

That is one good thing about leaving the stand in its original location. But that make for a lot more work too, and causes other minor problems too, like the bolts end up on the short side, especially w/ 3/8 plates. And w/ the 4", the heel interferes w/ the kickstand mount a little too. But the 6" worked really good.
Ed L. wrote on 03/29/10 at 16:22:34:
Hey very nice job. One of the problems I had with my design when I went longer than  4 inches was that the kick stand would cause the plates to flex. Looking real good Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #19 - 03/30/10 at 05:19:55

Routy wrote on 03/29/10 at 15:03:13:
serenity3743 wrote on 03/29/10 at 13:58:15:
Hey, Routy, looks good.  Question:  would ya wanna sell your 4" FCs?  Are they complete and ready to install?  If so, how much?

I could think of selling them.
Send me a PM.

Just bumping this up for Routy, in case somebody else might want to buy his 4 inchers.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
FL Native
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deland, Florida
Reply #20 - 03/30/10 at 05:34:47

I may be interested, (getting tired of waiting on mechanic hubby to make me some Shocked) are they complete? If not what's missing? How much?

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #21 - 03/30/10 at 08:44:02

First of all, let it be known that I in no way want to be infringing on EdL's selling the 4" FCs. This would be a one time sale of a prototype used set,...that does differ from his. I...no way would build any FCs for sale.

price $40
They will bolt right on and fit perfectly, but any buyer deserves a couple details about them before sale.
For the details, just PM me.

FL Native wrote on 03/30/10 at 05:34:47:
I may be interested, (getting tired of waiting on mechanic hubby to make me some Shocked) are they complete? If not what's missing? How much?

Rich
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #22 - 03/30/10 at 08:58:48

Routy wrote on 03/29/10 at 17:18:48:
Yeah Ed, where ya been,

That is one good thing about leaving the stand in its original location. But that make for a lot more work too, and causes other minor problems too, like the bolts end up on the short side, especially w/ 3/8 plates. And w/ the 4", the heel interferes w/ the kickstand mount a little too. But the 6" worked really good.
Ed L. wrote on 03/29/10 at 16:22:34:

Yeah, that's why I kept the kickstand in it's original location. Less flexing of the plates when resting. I didn't have the problem with short bolts though as I used 1/4 inch steel diamond plate.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:34:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finished,.....Pics Added 6 inch Forward Controls ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.