Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Y2K in the South Bay! (Read 127 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Another Y2K in the South Bay!
03/24/10 at 12:52:31

Driving the company van down El Segundo Blvd, spotted a Yellow Y2K Savage parked, a Star near, lady and gentleman talking.  Park the van, get out the cell phone to take a picture.

Why I like bikers:

Most people, when approached by someone with a camera get defensive.  These two step to behind the bike and smile for the camera.  *snap*  "Do we know you?"  "No, but I know your 2000 Savage, I have one also."  Have permission to post pix as soon as I get home to pull it from the cell phone.  Invited her to the site.

WWW   IP Logged
jabman

England
Re: Another Y2K in the South Bay!
Reply #1 - 03/24/10 at 14:36:37

Paladin. wrote on 03/24/10 at 12:52:31:
Driving the company van down El Segundo Blvd, spotted a Yellow Y2K Savage parked, a Star near, lady and gentleman talking.  Park the van, get out the cell phone to take a picture.

Why I like bikers:

Most people, when approached by someone with a camera get defensive.  These two step to behind the bike and smile for the camera.  *snap*  "Do we know you?"  "No, but I know your 2000 Savage, I have one also."  Have permission to post pix as soon as I get home to pull it from the cell phone.  Invited her to the site.

thats 100% true

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #2 - 03/24/10 at 17:39:41

something I never noticed before as a cager, is the frequent little wave as I pass an oncoming biker - friendly indeed.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 03/25/10 at 09:51:21

We talked a little.  She was heading to the Suzi dealer to ask about the backfiring, and she has just developed the standard head plug leak.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 03/25/10 at 10:01:18

Saw another White one in town, the other day. Was so shocked. Traffic made going around & saying Hi impossible. Maybe well meet up one day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #5 - 03/25/10 at 11:00:45

Yeah, there is a Savage/S40 besides mine running around my town, I have only seem it twice. The most recent I put a note on it, and directed the rider to this site. Apparently it didn't work. Maybe some day when I am out riding I will see it again and be able to meet the rider.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #6 - 03/25/10 at 13:32:57

Paladin. wrote on 03/25/10 at 09:51:21:
http://www.andruschak.net/mike/Photo155.jpg
We talked a little.  She was heading to the Suzi dealer to ask about the backfiring, and she has just developed the standard head plug leak.

Aw, c'mon Paladin, you didn't tune her carb for her and fix the leaky plug cap?  At least, did you send her and her husband to this site so they can avoid the "stealership."  Cool

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:16:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Another Y2K in the South Bay!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.