Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage for the long haul??? (Read 393 times)
jlsmedic

LIVE HARD RIDE
HARD.....LIVE YOUR
LIFE

Red Rock, AZ
Savage for the long haul???
03/23/10 at 22:39:25

Howdy all I was just wondering what and if any of you have taken any long distance trips on your bikes?  I cant help the urge to take a long trip this summer but im not shure how the bike would handle it. Or how my butt would handle it...haha.  I Know that a larger crusier would be better but I'm building my bike to have my attitude so it feels like its a part of me... just wouldnt be the same without it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Savage for the long haul???
Reply #1 - 03/23/10 at 22:51:57

Several members have done multi-k treks...  
...it'll outlast yer butt...

We want pics...

not of yer butt... Huh...  

... of the ride...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jlsmedic

LIVE HARD RIDE
HARD.....LIVE YOUR
LIFE

Red Rock, AZ
Reply #2 - 03/23/10 at 23:26:50

oh....okay geez.... I guess ill have to step out of the picture next time... Smiley

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 03/23/10 at 23:32:27

Pull...ease!....

Grin Grin Grin ...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #4 - 03/24/10 at 06:09:03

Paladin did a California to Oklahoma City round trip a couple years ago.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #5 - 03/24/10 at 08:42:51

The longest single day run I've ever done is Charlotte, NC, to Memphis, TN.  Maybe around 600 miles.  Took about 9 - 10 hours including fuel stops.  Stopped for gas every 100 miles or so, and my gluteous maximus was crying out for relief a lot sooner than 100 miles.  The reason I haven't gotten a bigger gas tank is because the stock one correlates nicely with a$$ endurance! Cheesy

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/24/10 at 09:03:12

Ineclipse went from Pittsburgh PA to Jackson MS and back.

IP Logged
Jimmer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NewportPa.
Reply #7 - 03/24/10 at 09:30:53

I've done several 500 milers. I've got a 4.8 gallon tank and a solo seat, so the posterior region is treated gently. After 200+ miles it's time to get off the bike and stretch and fill the tank. Three hours plus is a long time to ride with no breaks. The 650 performs well on these trips.

IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/24/10 at 09:45:42

2,000 mile round trip with sidecar full of camping gear in 08.
another one last year was supposedto be longer but got cut short at 2,000 because of my health.

Phelonius

« Last Edit: 03/24/10 at 15:02:45 by Phelonius »  

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #9 - 03/24/10 at 12:47:08

jlsmedic wrote on 03/23/10 at 22:39:25:
Howdy all I was just wondering what and if any of you have taken any long distance trips on your bikes?  I cant help the urge to take a long trip this summer but im not shure how the bike would handle it. Or how my butt would handle it...haha...

Actually, after the tour, my feet hurt worse than my butt.  I need to put floorboards on before 3Q11.

'07 I went to the GEEIA reunion in OKC.  Day one was 570 miles, day two another 510 miles.  That was when I called home and said I would *NOT* be doing a SS1000 on the way home.

2009 Reuniion was supposed to be in San Antonio, but last minute changed to OKC, and late September and I missed it.

This year I have three weeks in July and I hope to ride up to Seatle to see me mum.  Thinking of going up the Eastern Sierras where it will be dryer, camping along the way, seeing how cheaply I can go.

The 2011 GEEIA Reunion is scheduled for Biloxi MS, home of Keesler AFB and the Tech School we all went through.  Definitely want to make that one.  Gardena to Katy is 1526 miles.  Keep thinking about doing it in 36 hours for a BB1500.  From Biloxi it's just a day's ride to the Atlantic.  Then just a day's ride to Little Mountain.  From there to my daughter in Arkansas just happens to pass through Deal's Gap.  Big plans, hope I can make them happen.

The bike is a fabulous highway performer.  65-70 mph down the Interstates at 60+ mpg.  50-55 mph across the Mojave and a hair over 70 mpg.  My little National Cycle Street Shield is barely enough to keep the wind off my face, exactly what I want.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #10 - 03/24/10 at 13:37:02

beatduck(a member havent heard from for awhile)had a x country and back photo post here..2yrs ago??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 03/24/10 at 15:46:16

The most impressed I was of anyone on here on a trip was Littlebird, a couple years ago,after having the bike around 4+5 months she went from Louisville Ky. to somewhere up in Minn. I think it was 700+ miles by herself.She went quiet a bit of freeways at 55 mph in the right lane,On the way back she said did 60mph. I think she was in her mid 40s.I think that was quiet impressive for a new rider.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #12 - 03/24/10 at 16:19:36

A few years back one of the members did a total round of the US + Canada.  He started in Fla. I believe and spent 2-3 mo. on the road.
Seems like he went west across the souther states, then north on the pacific; then east across Canada and then south back to Fla.
He did postings along the way to document his trip.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #13 - 03/24/10 at 16:55:45

LANCER wrote on 03/24/10 at 16:19:36:
A few years back one of the members did a total round of the US + Canada.  He started in Fla. I believe and spent 2-3 mo. on the road.
Seems like he went west across the souther states, then north on the pacific; then east across Canada and then south back to Fla.
He did postings along the way to document his trip.

yeah wasnt that beatduck??
remember photos of his various "crash" sites..puptent etc..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
SmilinLDR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lakewood, CO
Reply #14 - 03/24/10 at 19:04:50

Last year did 1019 miles for an IBA certification, Denver to Las Vegas via Alburquerque. Took 19 hours, sore butt (used Suzuki gel seat), numbness on right foot took months to go away, and loved every minute of it!  Smiley My family thinks I'm crazy in an "admiring" kind of way Tongue and it's good to keep them wondering about dad.

Tried to keep it above 70 which ruined MPG and headwinds suck, but the S40 kept on going.

Plan on doing a 1500 mile IBA this year, Denver to Spokane via Salt Lake and Winnemucca(?) NV. Through Yellowstone on the way back. 65 MPH is more realistic, gas stops every 100 miles and take a spare gallon of gas. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! Roll Eyes

Yes, the LS650 will do it, it will be fun, unique (thumper) and give you something to make the kids go huh?!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:34:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage for the long haul???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.