Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike too small for a guy? (Read 269 times)
koolaid5
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bike too small for a guy?
Reply #15 - 03/23/10 at 21:05:22

jlsmedic wrote on 03/23/10 at 21:01:45:
ED L. on this forum makes them out of billet aluminum and the look awesome and he has a mod kit that will include everything you need to move your stuff. Not shure as what his price is but MUCH cheaper than you could find at any store. search the forum for  forward controls and you'll find them. everybody who's gotten them have been estatic about the fit!

Josh

Thanks....  I actually found his thread and am reading it all right now.  I am going to shoot him a message to see if he's still making them and what the waiting list looks like if he is.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #16 - 03/23/10 at 21:29:15

If you do get it and pull the sissy bar let me know.... I am 6'2" 300 I have no problem. Longest I have gone in a day is a little over 300 miles.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 03/24/10 at 03:03:22

This was my '96 early on before extensive mod's

This is REX currently ... I am still in process of assembling engine top end ...actually I have a FEDEX delivery today of the new 97mm piston with the newly bored cylinder with silcone carbide treatment, bead blast and heat cured black paint, and the piston has had thermal treatments to crown and skirts.

Recent photo of REX

Oh yea, good stuff.  

IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Reply #18 - 03/24/10 at 04:17:24

Hi Koolaid
Just to point you in the right direction.. Take a look at the "Table of Contents" thread in the Tech Forum. Most of the frequent questions are covered in there.

The search facility is great here and you can nearly always find a few threads about most topics.

Personally I believe one of the reasons people grow to love their Savages is the easy availability of info and helpful input that you can get on this forum. I know I'd be a lot more nervous about doing anything to my bike without this place!

IP Logged
koolaid5
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 03/24/10 at 04:34:46

Thanks for the pics...

I KNOW that I will be ok riding on the bike and CAN do it, but how will I look on there?  That was my main concern.  Well.....comfort is a small concern, but I REALLY didn't want to look like a monkey f'n a football going down the road.  I just want to be kicked back and kool  Grin

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #20 - 03/24/10 at 05:52:33

koolaid5 wrote on 03/24/10 at 04:34:46:
Thanks for the pics...

I KNOW that I will be ok riding on the bike and CAN do it, but how will I look on there?  That was my main concern.  Well.....comfort is a small concern, but I REALLY didn't want to look like a monkey f'n a football going down the road.  I just want to be kicked back and kool  Grin

In my opinion if you don't want to look like a monkey f'n a football, stop riding sport bikes.  That's what I think the riding position of those things look like. But that's just my opinion. Just like a few people on here don't like the length of the forks on my bike, it is their opinion but it don't bother me.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
koolaid5
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 03/24/10 at 06:18:48

Thanks for all of the input, opinions, advice, and hospitality guys.  You have a great little forum here.  I'm sorry to say that I won't be hanging out on here afterall.  The guy selling the bike just contacted me and he had someone swing by last night and pick it up for full asking price, which was $850.  He was offering it to me delivered an hour and a half away for $675.  Can't blame him for taking the deal.  SO, I will most likely be keeping the cb900f project and attempting to chopper/bobber it afterall.

Thanks again...

Matt

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #22 - 03/24/10 at 06:21:28

koolaid5 wrote on 03/24/10 at 06:18:48:
Thanks for all of the input, opinions, advice, and hospitality guys.  You have a great little forum here.  I'm sorry to say that I won't be hanging out on here afterall.  The guy selling the bike just contacted me and he had someone swing by last night and pick it up for full asking price, which was $850.  He was offering it to me delivered an hour and a half away for $675.  Can't blame him for taking the deal.  SO, I will most likely be keeping the cb900f project and attempting to chopper/bobber it afterall.

Thanks again...

Matt

Oh man, that sucks. You would have had a lot of fun with it. Keep your eyes open for another one, maybe you can eventually get one.

IP Logged
koolaid5
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/24/10 at 06:29:47

If I'm sticking with the cb900f project I'm sure that won't be completed for QUITE some time.  First I have to finish up some work on the HEEP Cherokee (finish bodywork and rattle can bedliner paint job, replace floor pans, and raptor line the tub, then rig up seat brackets, so I can put GC leather seats in it.....that's just the beginning.), gsxr 1100 (f'n oil leak), trx200 (only sparks once all of a sudden), kids trx90 (just put a cobra exhaust on and can't get it to idle...), atc200m (motor sitting in rusty frame with slightly less rusty frame needing cleaned, painted, and then everything built....plus new brakes and all kinds of other shite).  I think the atc might take a back seat to the cb900, but we'll see.  I also have to fix the deck, fence, and do some painting.  Not to mention that I'm a lazy bastard

Grin

Did you get all of that?  I have too much to do, not enough time, and need help with motivation.  Off to work on the HEEP now

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #24 - 03/24/10 at 06:32:57

koolaid5 wrote on 03/24/10 at 06:29:47:
If I'm sticking with the cb900f project I'm sure that won't be completed for QUITE some time.  First I have to finish up some work on the HEEP Cherokee (finish bodywork and rattle can bedliner paint job, replace floor pans, and raptor line the tub, then rig up seat brackets, so I can put GC leather seats in it.....that's just the beginning.), gsxr 1100 (f'n oil leak), trx200 (only sparks once all of a sudden), kids trx90 (just put a cobra exhaust on and can't get it to idle...), atc200m (motor sitting in rusty frame with slightly less rusty frame needing cleaned, painted, and then everything built....plus new brakes and all kinds of other shite).  I think the atc might take a back seat to the cb900, but we'll see.  I also have to fix the deck, fence, and do some painting.  Not to mention that I'm a lazy bastard

Grin

Did you get all of that?  I have too much to do, not enough time, and need help with motivation.  Off to work on the HEEP now

Dang, that is a lot to do. Good luck with it all.  Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 10:40:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike too small for a guy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.