Send Topic Print
Raask exhaust systeem (Read 299 times)
PaulB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Raask exhaust systeem
03/19/10 at 09:51:16

Just bopping around on the internet and I ran across a company called Raask, which apparently makes exhaust systems for the S40. I had to press a translator button to make the web site in english, so I do not know where these are made, or if they are available stateside. Anybody know anything about this?

thank you

Paul
2007 S40, bone stock

IP Logged
jabman

England
Re: Raask exhaust systeem
Reply #1 - 03/19/10 at 09:54:56

there available in the uk so most likely where you are as well

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #2 - 03/19/10 at 10:15:00

I think some one or two might have them.  Most guys who change the muffler go with a harley muffler that someone has taken off.  Usually you can get them from cheap to free (free is a very good price!).  I think the raask and jardines are expensive.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #3 - 03/19/10 at 11:27:55

I remember seeing a video on youtube of an S40 with a Raask exhaust.

IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 03/19/10 at 12:52:16

Made in sweden I believe...expensive but sound nice. Personally, I'd go to your closest harley dealer...

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
PipJones

Fort Worth, Tx
Reply #5 - 03/19/10 at 14:08:50

does anyone make a complete 1 piece pipe for our thumpers? I'd like to not have my exhaust leak in the middle from the headder pointing IN instead of straight back....

Gargle, sputter, burp and die!!! The ways of my LS650!!!!!
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 03/19/10 at 18:33:47

Pricy, but Pretty:

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/19/10 at 20:49:32

Raasks are made in sweden and IIRC cost about $600 in the US due to shipping and customs. Other than being very well made and sounding good the big benefit to a Raask is the ID is 1.5in as opposed to the stock 1.3in so you'll get better flow. The price doesnt seem worth it to me unless you're opening the exhaust port aswell (at least). If you're leaving everything stock Supertrapps are about $300 and tunable. Jardine's are about $200 and not tunable. Harley mufflers are anywhere from $0 to $50 depending how lucky you get at the dealership/ebay. They're all a big improvement over the stock muffler in sound. If you want quiet(legal) any rail type mount dyna muffler will work and still sound good. If you want loud(legal) I vote Jardine. If you want really freakin loud get a screaming eagle. Its pretty freakin loud. I hear my bike idle when im on the other side of the house and on the second floor. A debaffled jardine while engine braking will be louder than a semi's jake brake. If customs and shipping didnt make the raask so expensive id get one but as it is, even if one were planning to open the exhaust port or other serious mods it'd be cheaper to go to a shop and have a pipe made then pay for the raask.

IP Logged
miker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas, USA
Reply #8 - 03/20/10 at 06:46:40

Bubba wrote on 03/19/10 at 12:52:16:
Made in sweden I believe...expensive but sound nice. Personally, I'd go to your closest harley dealer...

Craigslist or a swap meet is going to offer a much better price than a dealership. I would certainly recommend steering clear of any "officially licensed product" because you will pay dearly for the OEM part number. If you do go to a dealer, don't tell them that you want a muffler for your Savage unless you are well prepared for the verbal abuse you will receive for riding anything other than the almighty Harley. Cool

None of us know as much as all of us!
  IP Logged
PaulB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/23/10 at 06:49:32

that green bike - that is EXACTLY what I want to do with the air cleaner/sidecover/battery box area. I am planning on doing a blue collar bobber job on my 07, and making the aircleaner area open like that. I have the link to the 12 step cone air filter job, but to remove the extraneous stuff like the side covers and air filter box, what else is involved?  I will need to relocate the ignition switch, anything else?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #10 - 03/23/10 at 08:12:40

http://www.raask.com/

Go to the website, click Suzuki and then click LS650

There are 5 choices for the exhaust type/shape.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 01:23:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raask exhaust systeem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.