Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Need help with electrics (Read 1034 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Need help with electrics
Reply #60 - 05/27/10 at 08:29:30

Smiley glad it runs!

But you really should find the exact problem, now that you know where to look, it shouldn't be hard.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 05/27/10 at 08:44:19

He may just be sick of messing w/ it.. I know I would be, after the hassle hes been thru. Just tickled to ride.
May you not have to walk home.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #62 - 05/27/10 at 08:54:26

babyhog wrote on 05/27/10 at 08:09:12:
serenity3743 wrote on 05/27/10 at 05:14:19:
It's been a long haul, but I got her back on the road last evening.  Here's a summary of my findings, with no definitive root cause as yet.  I tried all the testing on the wiring.  Finally found that the plug wasn't firing.  And, SURPRISE, the next time I tried it the plug WAS firing!  I got the wiring harness from Sakara and was gonna try that, but it wasn't necessary.  Last weekend I discovered that the main wire bundle, rear of where the headlight wiring branches off, had an issue:  While the bike was running, when I pulled it forward or pushed it in under the tank, the bike would die.  I think I had routed it wrong at some point in the past.  Re-routing it with plenty of slack, and on top of the tank support "ears", fixed the problem.  I rode to work today with everything working just right.  

Thanks for the help.  Just wanted to bring the thing full circle to a conclusion.

Geez, you been workin on that thang forever!  LOL   Grin
I KNOW -- RIGHT??

Really, glad you are up and running, and good to see you back online.  I thought you got pissed at the bike and ran off on us too!   I missed you....   Cool 

YOU MISSED ME!  YOU REALLY MISSED ME!  I think we established that this was a Sally Field quote (now paraphrased by me).  But, did ya really notice I was gone for awhile?

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 05/27/10 at 08:56:17

Hehehe. Keep the spirit!!

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #64 - 05/27/10 at 08:57:11

I know.  I've got to find the root cause.  But you're right, JOG, I'm just glad to be riding.  And I've got my tools in the saddlebag.  The weather sure is pretty here!!!!!!!!1

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #65 - 05/27/10 at 09:14:56

Of course I noticed you hadn't been around!  You are usually signed in when I get to work and sign in myself.  Remember, I'm a detail person.  I was about to ask Oldfeller where you were hiding, just cuz I'm nozy.  

So... where the heck have you been anyway?  If'n ya don't mind my askin'  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #66 - 05/27/10 at 10:25:48

I've been around, just not on here.  Mowing, mulling over electric probs, reading, mowing, tilling, and did I mention mowing?  Plus more to do at work.

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #67 - 06/08/10 at 05:04:36

I tracked every wire and can't find where the problem is.  It's been running fine and I'm just glad to be back on the road, albeit with extra tools in my saddlebag, just in case!  Planning on doing the Dragon ride later this month!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #68 - 06/08/10 at 07:06:15

I had an electrical issue I never found. It went away,, I stopped looking..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #69 - 06/08/10 at 11:31:29

Serenity, I do hope that somehow your problem got fixed. I just finished reading all the posts concerning your problem.
Hell I feel like I read a good book. I say good as it came out with a happy ending. You back in the saddle.

I wish you all the best.. Congratulations on staying with it and not giving up... Kim

IP Logged
DaveLKN
YaBB Newbies

Lake Norman NC
Reply #70 - 06/08/10 at 19:52:47

I feel like I just read a mystery novel as well- spellbinding.
I know where I'm headed if I have such a problem with my '98-
across Lake Norman....

And- I am very impressed with the help and patience of all involved here.  Kudos to all.

Dave

1998 Savage LS650
1998 Marauder VZ800
member- Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #71 - 06/09/10 at 11:59:24

I didn't know we were co-authoring a mystery-thriller! Cheesy  

Welcome, DaveLKN  !   You will find a lot of help here if you're a Savage/S40 rider (or even if you're not!)  Is LKN for Lincoln County?   If you're at Lake Norman, we're not far apart at all.  Hope to meet you soon!  Do ya know about the Suzuki Savage camping trip this month?

IP Logged
DaveLKN
YaBB Newbies

Lake Norman NC
Reply #72 - 06/26/10 at 20:21:05

By the time you read this you'll have gone to the Dragon and back, I'm sure.  Hope you guys have had a good time.

I've got a 98 Savage that I just got back on the road yesterday.  Not enuf experience with it to launch a trip out very far yet.  I'm also working on a 98 Marauder that has been sitting for a few years...the tank on down to the carbs has been redone- just got to finish the carbs (there's two, they're different, and they're a pain to work on...so guess which bike gets going first....the Savage).

LKN is the local abbrev for Lake Norman.  You're just across the lake from me.  I'm very close to Stumpy Creek Landing and Lake Norman Airpark and work in Troutman.  I go thru Catawba once in a while enroute to Hickory up Buffalo Shoals Road.  It would be cool to meet up with other Suzuki owners in this area that work on their own stuff.  How 'bout it?

1998 Savage LS650
1998 Marauder VZ800
member- Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #73 - 06/28/10 at 13:04:25

Yeah, I'm up for that.  And there's other guys in the general area:  Toymaker in Lenoir, Midnightrider in Winston-Salem, BIGZUK in Asheville.  BTW, I don't live in Catawba, NC; I put (Catawba) on my profile to differentiate from another Hickory, NC, which is in one of the far eastern counties.  I'll try to change that to avoid confusion.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:27:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need help with electrics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.