Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25883 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #1755 - 01/20/20 at 05:51:23

MMRanch wrote on 01/19/20 at 14:18:21:
Hay fellers

It almost been two weeks ?   Am I the only one who has any reverence for the American Indian ?  Huh

Do I need to pick something else ?

O ye of little patience..
This picture, if you look CLOSE, shows some statues in the upper left area.
More info on the next post.

IMG_20200118_125611.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1756 - 01/20/20 at 05:53:27

Now, here are the statues so you can see them.  

This is in Fredericksburg, TX.
https://notevenpast.org/paying-for-peace-reflections-on-the-lasting-peace-monume
nt/

IMG_20200118_125652.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1757 - 01/20/20 at 18:35:18

a result of Santa Anna’s and the other Comanche war chiefs’ willingness to stick to their word.  

Honor !    Smiley

Makes me feel a little dirty to be an European American in a way ?   There ain't nothing "New" in the way people act is there ?

Well , YouzGuyz it looks like me and you are bouncing this along just fine while everybody else stays warm and/or works all the time ?   Grin

Its really cold and/or Rainy in Tn. this time of year but we get a day or two scattered in that is ride-able , the wife works part time to keep busy while I'm hunting Scavenger items.  
So , What's next ?  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1758 - 01/21/20 at 08:41:42

I tried this one before.. I think.
And it fell flat.

Is there any state pride out there?
Show me a picture of your bike with a state flag!
Caveat.  It can't be a government building or site of ANY kind.
Business is OK.  Private residence is preferred.  
Bonus if they are flying the United States and state flag.
Double bonus if they are flown on separate poles.

The attached picture is an odd combination of business and private land.  It's a business that doesn't sell anything.. kind of.   That US flag in the lower right corner is the one on the back of my bike. (barely made the picture, I was busy trying to catch the flag when it was flying)

And if my sample ain't good enough for ya, I can get at least FIVE pictures of Texas state flags on any weekend ride I take.

Can you DO IT?  Oh.. and negative bonus, but still a winner, if it is a Texas state flag.  Too darn easy.

IMG_20200118_140559.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1759 - 02/05/20 at 15:13:58

State Flag must be a rare thing ???

I'm going to start looking for one Friday when the rain lets up , the  roads should be washed clean !   Grin

Anybody needing a ride this weekend ?    I'm thinking of a Sunday run over to the Kats for lunch on the Skyway (Tellico Plains, Tn.) Weather Permitting that is ?  Forecast is 65 and sunny ?  Cool

« Last Edit: 02/07/20 at 14:52:44 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1760 - 02/08/20 at 01:26:45

MMRanch wrote on 02/05/20 at 15:13:58:
State Flag must be a rare thing ???

I'm going to start looking for one Friday when the rain lets up , the  roads should be washed clean !   Grin

Anybody needing a ride this weekend ?    I'm thinking of a Sunday run over to the Kats for lunch on the Skyway (Tellico Plains, Tn.) Weather Permitting that is ?  Forecast is 65 and sunny ?  Cool

You think somebody might be flying a Tennessee state flag over in that area?

Only 61 here today.. and rain tomorrow.  Looks like I ride today!  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1761 - 02/08/20 at 20:25:07

Don't give up yet.   My Kat's ride got bumped out , but its got to warm-up and Dry-out sometime !  Roll Eyes
-
You can bet I'll be doing a "u-turn" to take a picture of the first State flag I come across ... unless somebody beats me to it !  

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1762 - 04/01/20 at 22:39:45

State Flag flying in a private yard .

I was really surprised at the lack of State pride.

What ya think YouzGuyz , should I put another target up ?   Huh

TnFlagHunt_2mps.jpg

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1763 - 04/02/20 at 02:49:08

MMRanch wrote on 04/01/20 at 22:39:45:
State Flag flying in a private yard .

I was really surprised at the lack of State pride.

What ya think YouzGuyz , should I put another target up ?   Huh

You found one!!!  Congrats!  Did you see any others?

Texas is a bit "over the top" in the state pride thing.. but I looked up some "state pride" rankings, and Texas is not #1 on any of them.

Yes, you need to come up with something else for us to go look for!
This is something we can do and still be following guidelines for "social distancing".

I am prejudiced, but I believe motorcycle riding is good for you.  Pack a lunch, use gloves when refueling, get out there and RIDE.  
Almost all of my riding is solo.  I go where I want, I stop when I want (taking pictures mostly), and my route "plan" never survives for the duration of the ride.   Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1764 - 04/02/20 at 08:15:05

my route "plan" never survives for the duration of the ride.  

Wink   Those are the best kind of rides !    I only found 3 Tn. State Flags ... including mine .   Embarrassed

I found some cars beside the road in a most unusual position .   So , I'm wondering ...    "What are some other strange uses for an old cars" ?  

I'm having a hard time getting a picture from my phone to my computer ... seems I need to be signed on as an Administer ?

ya might have to stretch the picture a bit to see it good ?   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 04/02/20 at 18:27:15 by MMRanch »  

2mp_upright_cars.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1765 - 04/09/20 at 15:08:34

So , guys :

See if you can find a car used for a yard ornament , an advertisement gimmick , or in some unique way ...

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1766 - 04/09/20 at 15:29:24

MMRanch wrote on 04/09/20 at 15:08:34:
So , guys :

See if you can find a car used for a yard ornament , an advertisement gimmick , or in some unique way ...

I couid give you one or three right now.. with my bike in the picture.  But I  figured you would want something fresh.  These pictures would be from previous rides.
If you think I jest... I could IM you google street shots of them.   Tongue

Just be patient!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1767 - 04/09/20 at 15:57:05

So , if your out ridding around and get pulled over for "violating the STAY HOME" order :

Well , officer I have to find a Scavenger Hunt item before I can go home !

Really here in Tn. we still go anywhere we want .   Its so nice to have "Ridding Weather" returned again ... I just can't stay home , but I can not stop for anything but fuel and wipe the pump good before using it !   Smiley

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1768 - 04/10/20 at 02:45:58

MMRanch wrote on 04/09/20 at 15:57:05:
So , if your out ridding around and get pulled over for "violating the STAY HOME" order :

Well , officer I have to find a Scavenger Hunt item before I can go home !

Really here in Tn. we still go anywhere we want .   Its so nice to have "Ridding Weather" returned again ... I just can't stay home , but I can not stop for anything but fuel and wipe the pump good before using it !   Smiley

I have not changed when I ride based on COVID-19.  I usually ride alone, so that is not a problem.  I have disposable gloves and disinfectant wipes for refueling, and I pack a snack.
I was out riding last weekend and passed by a few law enforcement vehicles.. no issues.  Even exchanged waves with one on a motorcycle.
They ain't out to bust your chops.  Just don't want you swapping germs with other people.
Maybe some places have a ban on recreational riding.  
If people are idiots and go riding, then stopping, in large groups, then law makers are going to make it so NOBODY can ride.
Got today off.. may ride today!  10% chance of rain.  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1769 - 04/13/20 at 04:13:43

Here ya go.  Three pics, so it will take 3 posts as I am too lazy to edit them together.

IMG_20200412_110659.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 12:40:38

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.