Send Topic Print
New (Read 2493 times)
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New
Reply #180 - 04/07/10 at 16:47:28

GOOD NEWS

So i fired up the beast! RUNS! was able to give it some throttle and it didnt die out.... it died out once, not sure why exactly, the rpms started dropping on idle and it gave out... weird..

BAD NEWS

sounds like my chain is wobbling... no idea why it would, but I'll open er' up tomorrow and see whats goin on...

bike is running SUPAAAAH rich... have afterfire when I start up, good 6 inch flame... but so far no gasoline in the airbox, I will either get the petcock tomorrow or friday *crosses fingers* so when it comes in I'll swap it out and see where it takes me

I'll drain a little oil and sniff it like I'm 10 and snorting pixie stix, hopefully no petrol smell....

Lets see, what else... ahh yes! my oil cover... its running to spec and actually doesnt look too shabby.. what I did was sanded the cover & weld with 100grit paper, and sprayed it with CLEAR engine paint... filled in the sandpaper scratches and loos better... I trust it a little more now that I saw it runs fine when under high rev... not sure if i'd trust it on a long ride though....

so, tomorrow I will do take off the cam cover and see whats going on

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #181 - 04/07/10 at 17:33:44

kerosene wrote on 04/07/10 at 16:47:28:
sounds like my chain is wobbling... no idea why it would, but I'll open er' up tomorrow and see whats goin on...

Should have told you before, there's a little tab stuck in the bottom between the lock pawl and housing.  Take it out after installing it.  That little bit of plastic locks the plunger in so it's easy to install.  pull it out and the spring will put tension on the chain.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #182 - 04/07/10 at 21:20:27

If you suspect gas in the oil, drain it. Costs almost nothing. You can try to lite some of the oil & see if it will burn.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #183 - 04/07/10 at 23:14:05

verslagen1 wrote on 04/07/10 at 17:33:44:

Should have told you before, there's a little tab stuck in the bottom between the lock pawl and housing.  Take it out after installing it.  That little bit of plastic locks the plunger in so it's easy to install.  pull it out and the spring will put tension on the chain.

lol im not an idiot Tongue i think the issue is valves, im resetting again

sakara helped at 12am-130

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #184 - 04/08/10 at 00:33:19

Yeah,... you're not an idiot,.. but I'm ordering one soon, and will make a mental note.... (pull the tab!..pull the tab!)...

Kero,... the Raptor will fix you up... from there,.. it's just polish, and fine tuning...

PS,.. you are one persistent, sucker!,... remind me of myself... Wink...

PSS,... sorry 'bout the oil filter,...
...soon you'll be in the scavenge hunt...
Peace,
Bot... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #185 - 04/08/10 at 06:09:31

One would think that if one was installing a chain , errm, whats the word Im huntin here,, OH, TENsioner, one Might note, upon installation, whether or not it is actually TENsioning the chain... but,, ehh, maybe thats just me.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #186 - 04/08/10 at 07:06:28

Serowbot wrote on 04/08/10 at 00:33:19:
Yeah,... you're not an idiot,.. but I'm ordering one soon, and will make a mental note.... (pull the tab!..pull the tab!)...

Kero,... the Raptor will fix you up... from there,.. it's just polish, and fine tuning...

PS,.. you are one persistent, sucker!,... remind me of myself... Wink...

PSS,... sorry 'bout the oil filter,...
...soon you'll be in the scavenge hunt...
Peace,
Bot... Huh...

That ziptie thats folded over is so delicate, if you run your fingers across it, it'll fall out, so dont worry about it.

I should get the raptor either today or tomorrow, once I do we'll find out... I need to reset the other 2 valves today, I'll start her up and see what happens... maybe I'll throw the seat on her just to see if she rides properly on revs (which she wasnt doing before)

Yea, persistant, headstrong, I dont want this failure hanging over me... hahah

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/08/10 at 06:09:31:
One would think that if one was installing a chain , errm, whats the word Im huntin here,, OH, TENsioner, one Might note, upon installation, whether or not it is actually TENsioning the chain... but,, ehh, maybe thats just me.

it's actually pushing it away which it tensioning the chain

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #187 - 04/08/10 at 08:22:57

GOOD NEWS

So i fired up the beast! RUNS! was able to give it some throttle and it didnt die out.... it died out once, not sure why exactly, the rpms started dropping on idle and it gave out... weird..

BAD NEWS

bike is running SUPAAAAH rich... have afterfire when I start up, good 6 inch flame... but so far no gasoline in the airbox, I will either get the petcock tomorrow or friday *crosses fingers* so when it comes in I'll swap it out and see where it takes me

I'm a little late to this party - but I see where there's been some talk of carb cleaning and such - if the odd running continues after the petc0ck - don't know if they've been suggested but a couple of common places with the carb:

1) the washer under the main jet is gone - this is not good as it lets the needle jet tube jump up and down that causes some crazy rich situations to come and go

2) on cleaning the carb the slide has some type of oil put on it to help it - this acts about the same way as the slide starts to stick - it pushes all the oil - even wd40 - to the bottom of the bore, forms a ring and makes a sticky slide - the slide and bore need to be clean - not even greasy finger prints. This also makes for a crazy rich situation that comes and goes.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #188 - 04/08/10 at 09:06:51

Well, then,, sounds like its doin its Job,, as long as the teeth engage & it holds it out.
Reelthing has offered up some of the little detail stuff easily overlooked. I hope you win this soon, man, its riding time.  

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #189 - 04/08/10 at 10:25:36

Reelthing wrote on 04/08/10 at 08:22:57:
GOOD NEWS

BAD NEWS

I'm a little late to this party - but I see where there's been some talk of carb cleaning and such - if the odd running continues after the petc0ck - don't know if they've been suggested but a couple of common places with the carb:

1) the washer under the main jet is gone - this is not good as it lets the needle jet tube jump up and down that causes some crazy rich situations to come and go

2) on cleaning the carb the slide has some type of oil put on it to help it - this acts about the same way as the slide starts to stick - it pushes all the oil - even wd40 - to the bottom of the bore, forms a ring and makes a sticky slide - the slide and bore need to be clean - not even greasy finger prints. This also makes for a crazy rich situation that comes and goes.

1. washer is there
2. everything is clean, no grease no finger prints... also issue started while riding and not after cleaning, I replaced the carburator so I know that the oil which was being sucked in before is not causing the issuejustin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/08/10 at 09:06:51:

Well, then,, sounds like its doin its Job,, as long as the teeth engage & it holds it out.
Reelthing has offered up some of the little detail stuff easily overlooked. I hope you win this soon, man, its riding time.  

The cam tensioner replacement was something Michael recommended checking while I was down and waiting for parts, mine was still tight and didnt have wobble in the chain... I did take the cover off last night and checked the tensioner and verified its good and chain is tight.. I think its the valves, and I'll find out tonight

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #190 - 04/09/10 at 07:30:30

When you win this, you will be one of the Go To guys, cuz youre gonne know how this thing works.

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #191 - 04/09/10 at 13:48:43

ok, so I checked the valves on my bike,all around, revalved and started the fu*ker up... still hear a bloody tapping noise... I checked the cam tensioner and verified it's tight... so I took off the valve cover again and checked my valves... set wrong AGAIN... gah wtf!...

then my oil cover burst again... lol (apperantly JBWeld isnt enough...) lucky I get my new cover today and tomorrow I get the petcock!

So what I'm going to do is, check the chain once more, just to be POSITIVE it's not loose.... and check valves again.... I have nothing to lose at this point except for time, and since I'm getting my petcock tomorrow, I still have some time to crappity smack with the bike until then...

Justin, I hope so, if I can help even an ounce of what the people here helped me I'd be happy... I recommended a savage today to one of my clients, I might be able to talk him into buying something for cheap giving me 500 bucks to go over the bike and do the misc things that need to be done (oil plug, cam tensioner, valve check, o ring on speedo, rattle on light and speedo, and maybe bags too) make some $ off it and learn in the process... yes I like to make money from everything I do...

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #192 - 04/09/10 at 21:18:12

OK! Ladies and germs... for those who have been following you know that I've had an annoying tapping since i revalved... I crappity smacked up and set the exhaust valves wrong... so after redoing them 4 times (yes, 4) I got it right, and it feels GREAAAAT! I have my own way of doing it now (modified version of Vers's and Clymers with a twist of my own.)

Baby fired up and is purring nicely... I could only run for a few seconds as my oil cover did not come in today (Sad) and my cover is leaking... which is ok too because I sniffed it and NO PETROL!

so 2 things good so far... tomorrow I get petcock (called roy's and got the shipping info) and HOPEFULLY (crossing fingers) I'll get my cover tomorrow too, they were supposed to be in today... nuts happens, i'm glad it didnt because I took my time with the valves, assesed the situation, read clymers and figured it out... so I'm slowly starting to reassemble!

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #193 - 04/10/10 at 13:17:29

I got the petcock today... that wasnt the cause of the problem... not sure what is...

i was riding for a minute and then my battery died, im going to go grab my old one and see what happens

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #194 - 04/10/10 at 17:17:04

ok so there might be a someone up there just crappity smacking with me... for some reason I have a short... my turn signals are constantly on... weird :\ I checked ALL cables and nothing is melted or burned

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 01:47:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.