New (Read 2493 times)
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New
Reply #165 - 04/06/10 at 19:34:57

verslagen1 wrote on 04/06/10 at 19:24:31:
errr
so you had it apart, for the benefit of the crowd gathered about and cheering... what jets do you got?

put it back together, say the magic word and let her rip.   Shocked

erm I have I dunno... lol I've verified with them... 152 and 145? does that sound right... no... i dont remember, are you on aim?>

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #166 - 04/06/10 at 21:17:45

I made a booboo... more like crappity smackED UP! I put the oil filter on backwards... oops... shot a hole right through the oil cover

IP Logged
JESPOKER4FUN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Henderson, NV
Reply #167 - 04/06/10 at 21:30:01

What are you talking about? Blew a hole in the cover.
Please show a pic of the oil cover.

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #168 - 04/06/10 at 21:32:17

looks exactly like that...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #169 - 04/06/10 at 22:43:40

You aint the first to play that game,..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #170 - 04/06/10 at 22:56:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/06/10 at 22:43:40:
You aint the first to play that game,..

Im going to try and get er' welded, just so she lasts long enough till I get a new one... I want to make sure she runs right...

Oh i didnt mention, SHE FIRED UP RIGHT AWAY, Sounded really strong... for the 3 sec I had it running that is

IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #171 - 04/07/10 at 06:30:22

so I was thinking... welding it might not be enough... so I'm going to get it welded and put some jbweld on the seam of the weld and oil cover and let it cure... that should help with the higer rev's on the engine

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #172 - 04/07/10 at 07:17:38

You might be able to replace the cover for less than having it welded. Id bet on it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ero4444

weekender

Reply #173 - 04/07/10 at 09:37:54

man that sucks - I am gonna have to take a picture of the filter right-side in before I change it for the first time

3 seconds - obviously NOT thermal expansion, must be straight oil pressure from the pump.  Wow.

c2001, 3800miles, 3rd owner, adjusted idle, raised seat, Tkat brace, Raptor petcock, cleaned carb, replaced some jets, Dyna muffler, Fiamm horns, Shinkos, future Ed L. forward controls, fork boots.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #174 - 04/07/10 at 10:49:21

ero4444 wrote on 04/07/10 at 09:37:54:
man that sucks - I am gonna have to take a picture of the filter right-side in before I change it for the first time

3 seconds - obviously NOT thermal expansion, must be straight oil pressure from the pump.  Wow.

I do not mean to be critical, but how are ya'll putting it in backwards? The hole goes towards the engine.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #175 - 04/07/10 at 11:15:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/07/10 at 07:17:38:
You might be able to replace the cover for less than having it welded. Id bet on it.

I don't really pay for welding, and I am both getting it welded (I have put on JBWeld right now, it'll cure in an hr and I'll know if I like it or not, if I don't I'll pull it off get it welded and then JB weld it again) I am also getting a new one (used)

KIT TO THE RESCUE... SAKARA is my parts guy from now on... any parts you need I'd get from him

Know what, it's easy to do it right... theres a 1/2 in tube sticking out, put the tube in the hole... if you know how to have sex, you know how to put the filter on (lol... I'm bad at sex! Kidding...  Grin)

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 04/07/10 at 10:49:21:

I do not mean to be critical, but how are ya'll putting it in backwards? The hole goes towards the engine.

I just straight up crappity smacked up... period... didnt look

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #176 - 04/07/10 at 11:18:36

I just straight up crappity smacked up... period... didnt look  

Ive seen that done at stop signs.... at least you didnt get hurt with this boo boo.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #177 - 04/07/10 at 11:28:53

I'm gonna start a new service...
Mechanic Web Watcher, you do the work, I advise.   Shocked
Just one thing I gotta figure out... how to reach across the web and percussively adjust your perspective.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #178 - 04/07/10 at 11:39:52

verslagen1 wrote on 04/07/10 at 11:28:53:
...one thing I gotta figure out... how to reach across the web and percussively adjust your perspective.   Grin

I think I've felt a couple of those from you,...  You're better at it than you think... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
kerosene

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #179 - 04/07/10 at 11:56:41

verslagen1 wrote on 04/07/10 at 11:28:53:
I'm gonna start a new service...
Mechanic Web Watcher, you do the work, I advise.   Shocked
Just one thing I gotta figure out... how to reach across the web and percussively adjust your perspective.   Grin

You helped an insane amount Smiley but lets not count our chickens before they hatch, we're not 100% sure it will stay up when I rev... once we check that we can dance and celebrate...

I'll track down the trojan distributer and you'll owe me a visit the next time something happens

Like I said though in aim, all the other things we did made it run a lot better when it started up, actually sounded like a good bike... I bet those valves helped a lot

EDIT: So I did the JBWELD, and it looks good... I used JB Stick weld and I would not recommend the liquid one, as you have a little less control over where it stays... ;

IMPORTANT: THIS IS A TEMPORARY FIX MEANT TO GET YOU UP AND GOING, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL HOLD PROPERLY OR NOT, IF IT GETS IN YOUR HEAD BECAUSE YOU DID IT WRONG YOU'RE F***ED.

Let EACH layer dry for 1 hr minimum! You have 5 min to use the JBweld before it hardens, so work fast!

Inside I did 3 layers...

first layer you roll it up into a snake thing and go across the inside crack... squeeze it an as deep as possible and clean up and leftovers (ha ha... get your mind out of the gutter)

second layer you roll it up into a snake thing a little thicker this time, and do the same thing but follow across the corner (thats where it cracks.) make it nice and even and clean up extra

thrid layer you cover the main layer and somewhat smooth it out so its not high in one spot and not in other... you might not want to, and dont need to, I did because I dont want to take a chance, if its even it also looks better (but who sees it)

Outside I did 2 layers;

first layer is meant for you to even it out a bit and to fill in the tiny cracks in the metal, best and easiest way to do this is again roll it up real small and go against the crack... so run your finger from the lower part to the higher part... this way it'll fill in everything... I can show in a picture what I mean...

Second layer, just like on the other side, it's meant to cover the 1st layer to make sure any moisture or anything else doesnt get in or out... with the outside I added some more jb since theres a bigh height difference... if you add more its easier to make it look better...

what I'll do is sand it down a little and put some clear coat or something over it so moisture doesn't get at it and so oil doesnt somehow eat away at the jb inside.

Once i sand it down, I'll take a pic and show you guys how it came out

se

« Last Edit: 04/07/10 at 13:46:23 by kerosene »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 02:37:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!