Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
no start (Read 182 times)
pitbullcustoms

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

no start
03/12/10 at 17:55:27

so today i finally got some time to figure out y my bike wouldnt crank over a broken wire fixed that and now it cranks! but still no start. i have spark and fuel but the fuel is getting pushed back out the carb. i adjusted valves and still the same thing. im very confused as to y it wont start and y fuel is getting pushed back out the carb? and advice would be very much appreciated....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: no start
Reply #1 - 03/12/10 at 18:11:38

not really understanding,.."Pushed back out the carb"..?

Is the carb leaking, our squirting gas?... into the air filter, or all over the place?...

(not even sure if it's possible, but... is the starter motor turning the right direction?..) since you rewired to make it crank...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/12/10 at 18:37:09

Check your valve adjustment again
when you set TDC, make sure it's on the compression stroke.
turn the crank in the same direction the wheels going forward
if in gear it will make the bike go forward
I turn the crank watching the valves, when the intake goes back up, watch the crank, when the marks line up it's on TDC.

WWW   IP Logged
pitbullcustoms

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/12/10 at 18:42:28

no its still all factory wiring i thought i was  gonna need to but it was just a broken wire.... the fuel is being sprayed back out the carb into what would be be the air filter but its removed at the moment

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 03/12/10 at 18:51:42

Is your decompression valve releasing?....

...just throwing it out there 'cause I don't have any good ideas,...  That's a strange problem... it's like you timing has gone way off, only it couldn't just jump that far out...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #5 - 03/13/10 at 07:13:08

Does it sound like it has normal compression ?
If compression is coming out the carb it would mean that an intake valve is open when it shouldn't be. Is it possible that one of them is stuck open from setting too long ?
But then,.....if you adjusted the valves recently, couldn't be Undecided

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 03/13/10 at 07:48:37

BTW, if you adjust your valve by more than a 1/4 turn, something's wrong.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 03/14/10 at 08:33:00

To check cam timing, pull the plug( blow dirt out first), Use a straw or wooden dowell & carefully bring it to TDC, Look at the valve positions. If exhaust is open, its TDC exhaust, spin the engine thru 180 degrees & look again. If valves are still open, something is wrong. Is it possible youve adjusted the valves while it was at TDC exhaust?

If this doesnt get you headed toward the answer, Id very carefully turn the engine over & watch the valves. Compare that to the piston/crank position & see if its okay.

If thats not working, then Id have to pull the head cover & look at the cam timing marks on the cam chain gear. If, w/ piston @ TDC that line isnt horizontal & in line w/ the top of the head,,, sumpin is way wrong.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #8 - 03/14/10 at 16:50:39

A stuck float in your carb can also cause gas blow-back.

Ride Safe
                                                                               Marine5317

IP Logged
seabeast77
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/15/10 at 13:18:55

remove the carb and check the float.that is most likely the cluprit. mine did this same thing after storing for a while when i opened up the carb i found the float bowl had a hole in it and gas had gotten inside the float bowl causing it not to float. so the gas was overflowing out of the carb. also mine would not start until i had replaced the float bowl. you probably just need to clean the carb. if anything looks worn replace it.

IP Logged
pitbullcustoms

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/13/10 at 18:54:28

So the other day i got a chance to work on the bike and found that if i spray fuel directly into the carb it will start and rev way up and stay there. with no change when i twist the throttle... i have pulled the carb 3 times to clean it and still no change im so confused at this point that my drain is gonna explode! i went to grab a screw driver on the battery box that fell there and when my hand passed by the carb opening it made the bike rev even higher any ideas would be great! should i jsut replace the whole carb with a new one?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #11 - 04/13/10 at 19:36:32

is the washer under the mainjet?

IP Logged
pitbullcustoms

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/17/10 at 12:49:50

yes the washer is under the main jet and i desided to take the carb apart again today and i found a jet clogged again  so i sorayed everything out agian and put it back to gether and VROOM it fired right up and ran great!!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 23:24:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › no start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.