Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AIr filter screen (Read 82 times)
Texas-1-lunger

Iraq Vet

AIr filter screen
03/11/10 at 04:59:15

Ok so since it has been outstanding weather for riding here in Texas i desided to do my chain mod that my bike needed. So on my test run today on my way to work im driving along loving life. When I pull on the off ramp and decel the bike rpms wind out WTF right ?

I pull over and think back of all the mods i've done and why they would be making the butterflies stick.

SO i run wound out all the way to work and park it next to my CNC machine so I can look at it between parts cycles.

Took everything apart and found a screen fron the hi flow air filter kit I bought off Ebay jammed under the slide. took it out found some vent-a-hood screen and used that for a replacement which works very well BTW.

During the process I managed to ruin the soft garbage screws on the top of the carb so after grinding them off and tapping them out i put some nice american steel hex bolts in there from our tooling holders works great and fit like a glove they are 5/ 32 for those that wish to do this and sace the hassle of those POS screws.

Anyway when i drain the tank of gas it was into a can the apparently had diesel in it so i had almost run my battery down trying to start it so I could leave, had to open up the Gas mixture screw way rich but it works and I made it home no problem   moral of the story no more cheap mods and you can run a savage on 70% gas and 30% diesel Trust me nah sayers I just did it this morning.

1st Cav 1st Team!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: AIr filter screen
Reply #1 - 03/11/10 at 09:25:56

Ive never added That much diesel to it, but I dont sweat some in the can when I pump some gas out of the barrel to add to it. I think a bit of diesel in the gas is good for things.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Texas-1-lunger

Iraq Vet

Re: AIr filter screen
Reply #2 - 03/11/10 at 14:02:36

yeah its seems to have cleaned the carbs out it runs much smoother with less backfire.

1st Cav 1st Team!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:35:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › AIr filter screen

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.