Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Here....have some questions (Read 267 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: New Here....have some questions
Reply #15 - 03/10/10 at 23:24:52

Welcome abord SavageNY

You were asking about a comfortable seat....I went on E-Bay and got a Harley seat from a Soft tail modle.  It was a easy enough switch, the length is the same and the width is  SO NICE  .   The Harley seat has side flaps (leather) that hang down over the (Suzuki) mounting brackets ,  the rear takes a little imaigation, but its nice to have a seat as wide as my seat !

Harley floorboards, shocks, Handlebars, and crashbar (pre 04 sportster , make lower bracket ) ,also fit.  Maby more ???

Come to think on it  " I guess I ride a Suzuki/Harley  Hybrid"

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
SavageNY
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/11/10 at 06:49:09

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #17 - 03/11/10 at 07:49:21

Not many options for our lovely seat, huh?  Here is the Suzuki gel seat, pillow or classic.  http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/custom-gel-leather-seat-s...

I think they are stopping making the classic, but Oneida Suzuki is one place that seems to still have it.  Someone also found the same seat on Ebay, with slight "imperfections" that some folks said were not very noticeable, and it is selling much cheaper.  I think a few folks here have that seat and like it.  Maybe someone else can find the post, or you might find it on Ebay.

Personally, I bought a Mustang seat for a Sportster (Ebay), but the curve was wrong, so instead of modifying the bike, or making new brackets and such, I transferred the Mustang cover and innerds from the Sportster seat pan to my stock S40 pan.  Presto!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 03/11/10 at 08:13:10

Babyhog do you have picture of your reworked seat.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 03/11/10 at 08:55:22

bill67 wrote on 03/11/10 at 08:13:10:
  Babyhog do you have picture of your reworked seat.

This is about the best one I have.  Honestly, I've avoided taking pics of it because I had the Saddlemen raw gel in my stock seat, and the upholstery guy left it in when he swapped pans.  The seat is a little humpy now, but he said the foam and gel would relax after I ride some.  If it doesn't, I'll be pulling the cover off and shaving some.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 03/11/10 at 09:50:18

Thats going to be really comfortable I am sure.Width makes a lot of difference in a seat.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:19:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Here....have some questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.