Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bump starting and the first real ride this year (Read 97 times)
brian_b
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

northeast ohio
Bump starting and the first real ride this year
03/09/10 at 10:07:28

After charging the battery a bit over the weekend i decided that if my Savage starts this morning i'll ride to work.
The forecast for the area (N.E. Ohio) was cold in the morning but nice later (nice being past 50 degrees).
well, i thumbed the started switch and the starter just lazily rolled the engine...hmmm i thought...does this mean i have to go back inside and remove my layering and drive a cage?
( NNNnooooooooohhhh -- winter has been too long )
heck no i thought = let's try that bump start method i read on suzukisavage.com  Cool
so i backed her up the drive and let it rolll...
hold in the clutch
get ready to shift to second
shift to second gear
release clutch
hit starter to activate the decomp controller
say small prayer...and huzzah!
She Started!
it all happened in a moment it seemed but when i think about it it's like the movies where everything slows way down and a bird flies by smiling...
Wink
Thank you for such a beneficial website.
Brian

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: Bump starting and the first real ride this yea
Reply #1 - 03/10/10 at 05:13:39

A great story.  I'm glad it worked out for you!  Thanks for sharing.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 03/10/10 at 07:18:42

that's pretty cool! i've had a couple of moments where "the zone" kicked in!!

speaking of the birds and the zone, i was riding behind this big van recently, and birds were attacking the cars ahead of me. well the van was rather large and took out several of the birds. i was covered in feathers and forced to dodge and circle around birds that had hit the ground and were rolling!!! when everything slowed down, i thought i was dreaming it was so bizarre!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #3 - 03/10/10 at 11:01:46

Rocco wrote on 03/10/10 at 07:18:42:
that's pretty cool! i've had a couple of moments where "the zone" kicked in!!

speaking of the birds and the zone, i was riding behind this big van recently, and birds were attacking the cars ahead of me. well the van was rather large and took out several of the birds. i was covered in feathers and forced to dodge and circle around birds that had hit the ground and were rolling!!! when everything slowed down, i thought i was dreaming it was so bizarre!

Rocco, you study Martial Arts, right?  That happens to me almost every time I do heavy sparing or when I used to fight.  It seems like the situation has to be very real, then you hit the moment of clarity and you can do no wrong.  What a great feeling. Smiley

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:30:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bump starting and the first real ride this year

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.