Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: how many horses??!?!?!
Reply #30 - 03/09/10 at 22:29:15

hahahaha lancer i just had a check up and i weight about 185ish lol

so 5'6", 185, on my savage, glad i took the chrome rails off, cuz i put the weight right back on!!

BTW i went to bike night tonight, and a guy was ecstatic to see another savage! in a sea of crotch rockets there were 2 savages!! lol imagine that! he was about 6'2 and a little on the chunky side, stock bike so i'd imagine i'd win! i mentioned the site to him, maybe he'll join!

my buddy just bought a '95 honda magna, a v4!! how crazy is that?!?! so the sportster, i, and the magna all went for a cruise!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #31 - 03/10/10 at 04:03:19

diamond jim wrote on 03/09/10 at 16:22:12:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/09/10 at 05:46:51:
0-60 time would be a worthwhile "rough yardstick" for us to compare our bikes when posting back & forth.   We just need to develop a method to accurately and consistently time it.

Now, when we are all up in the mountains together this summer I can see one of us going up on an overpass with a video camera and filming a group off in the distance at a start line.  Somebody sounds a horn and THEY'RE OFF ... riding directly towards the overpass.  

This way you can have a visual record of who gets off the line better but loses his ass in the top end run up.   You also have a historical document to refer to the performance of the various levels of mods that we do as just about all of them will be up there.

For the stock motor group, my money is on my bike and the new owner.  Wink

I will vote for that ! Cool

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #32 - 03/10/10 at 04:08:59

Rocco wrote on 03/09/10 at 22:29:15:
hahahaha lancer i just had a check up and i weight about 185ish lol

so 5'6", 185, on my savage, glad i took the chrome rails off, cuz i put the weight right back on!!

BTW i went to bike night tonight, and a guy was ecstatic to see another savage! in a sea of crotch rockets there were 2 savages!! lol imagine that! he was about 6'2 and a little on the chunky side, stock bike so i'd imagine i'd win! i mentioned the site to him, maybe he'll join!

my buddy just bought a '95 honda magna, a v4!! how crazy is that?!?! so the sportster, i, and the magna all went for a cruise!!

Good to hear, it is great when you find another Savage'r but cruising with anyone is a good thing.

Just a personal note, work on loosing the extra pounds now while you are young because it is soooooooooo much harder to do when you get older, and especially if you also have to deal with diabetes because it adds another level of difficulty.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 03/10/10 at 04:23:12

Steer clear of the fake sweeteners, like aspartame.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #34 - 03/10/10 at 07:12:44

last night was the first time my woman was with me during a group ride, and she said it's alot more fun with a bunch of people!

lancer i completely agree, but luckily the weight went into my arms and chest, the doctor said everything is perfect, and i can stay @ this weight or lose! i had been trying to gain weight for a long time, whey protein, i was drinking heavy whipping cream(milk fat), energy drinks and working out everyday!

i couldn't gain a pound like that! so i stopped all of that, and only do weights 3 times a week now, no more energy drinks too! the dr. said the energy drinks sped up my metabolism so much nothing could stick! and working out everday overworked the muscle....weird huh?!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #35 - 03/10/10 at 10:33:35

Rocco wrote on 03/10/10 at 07:12:44:
i couldn't gain a pound like that... speed up my metabolism so much nothing could stick...

Yeah, I had that problem once when I was about 18.  It lasted maybe a day!  

Then my body did a 180!  Cheesy

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #36 - 03/11/10 at 05:31:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/10/10 at 04:23:12:

what's wrong with em

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #37 - 03/11/10 at 07:59:34

jabman wrote on 03/11/10 at 05:31:35:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/10/10 at 04:23:12:

what's wrong with em

The body uses a process called cephalic phase reflex (think Pavlovian response).  When we taste sweet, the body automatically releases hormones and changes its metabolism in preparation for the nutritive and caloric intake of sugar.  When it does not get it, your body get very confused.  Artificial sweeteners actually cause weight gain and can really mess things up systemically.  Use real sugar in moderation and your body will be a lot happier.  On the other end of the spectrum please stay away from high-fructose corn syrup.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #38 - 03/11/10 at 09:28:13

They are straight up poison, too. Aspartame contains what will break down in us to be the equivalent of wood alcohol. Note that `Aspartame was rejected by the FDA until Rumsfeld bought into the company that makes it, then suddenly, it was okay..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #39 - 03/11/10 at 15:18:09

I'm 5'4" and now weigh in at 175lb. Back in Oct.  2009 I was 195lb. I started exercising 3 time a week and cut back on the stupid snacks. The exercising is .5 hr on an eliptical and .5 hr doing weights ( resistance)
on a bowflex. I have tons more energy, feel much better and actually fit in my clothes. The goal is a svelt 160. Possibly by the end of the summer.
It is worth all the effort!!      

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #40 - 03/11/10 at 16:25:40

I'm 5 6 I have went most my life between 160-170. Once I retired I think I got a little heaver I don't have a scale,I started riding bicycle 5 miles a day and then started working out at the YMCA 1 hour 5 days a week,I don't work hard but I do some,Last summer I weight at the YMCA and I was 149,I'm up to 163 now but once I can ride bicycle again I should lose some weight.I weighted 150 when I got out of high school,In 1957.My bike was really fast last summer. Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #41 - 03/11/10 at 21:21:36

hahahhaa glad i like minimalism, because i weight the same as a stock savage with parts removed lol

i wanna tighten my mid section a little, but if it stays the way it is, i won't complain too much, the extra hitting power is def welcomed!

now when i'm back in school, working nights, teachin karate and trying to be with my fiance, lol i'm sure some weight will drop off!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:31:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › how many horses??!?!?!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.