Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sidestand Safety Switch (Read 154 times)
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sidestand Safety Switch
03/06/10 at 11:03:58

Lets say that I wanted to disable it! Will clipping the green and white wire at the De-comp Timer do it or will it have to be grounded if clipped? I am also working on a barebones schematic and this the last area of concern. Gene

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Sidestand Safety Switch
Reply #1 - 03/06/10 at 11:21:10

trace the two wires from the kickstand up under the seat. Theres a connector there. Cut before or after and solder or twist and tape the two wires together.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/06/10 at 11:22:18

Solder. An engine shutting off can be a big problem.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 03/06/10 at 12:23:43

barebones wiring diagram see bobbert's post

WWW   IP Logged
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/06/10 at 17:32:54

Then I am right in assuming the Green/White wire coming from the De-comp Timer should be grounded? The schematic will not show what is on the bike now, but what it will be in the future.

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #5 - 03/07/10 at 00:55:42

why do this?

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
Reply #6 - 03/07/10 at 04:33:52

jabman wrote on 03/07/10 at 00:55:42:
why do this?

I can't tell you what genejohnson's reason is, but Ihave been considering it.  I put on a forward controls kit, and with my feet farther forwad, and the angle changed, I have hit the sidestand with my heel a couple times while riding, and nudged it just enough to cut the engine.  I am also thinking about going down to Home Depot and seeing if I can find a stronger spring that will fit to hold it tighter.  I'd rather not eliminate the circuit if I can avoid it.  Don't want to void the warranty on my '97 Smiley

IP Logged
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/07/10 at 05:42:40

I don't mean for this to be harsh or said in a meanful way.... but i've noticed on a lot of threads, that critizism or an answer thats not answering the question occurs a lot. I only wanted to know about one wire exiting the De-comp Timer but it seems no one understood the question or took the time to do so. Only last week I asked Lancer what he thought about a dual carb design. Not once did he comment about such a design. He only rehashed what is being done now to improve the carburation. I meerly wanted to know what he thought of such a design, not what is better. I've been riding since the fifties but I still learn something everyday and a lot of that knowledge comes from this forum. I've made myself a promise not to critize anyone or ask why but to try and answer what they have asked. Gene

IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #8 - 03/07/10 at 05:46:14

Disabling a safety is generally a bad idea. Yes, I have heard the arguments about its possible failure leaving you stranded on the road. Yes, I know the part about "reducing unnecessary wiring so the bike looks better." Yes, I know removing the switch and the wiring will reduce weight by a couple or three ounces. I still think removing or disabling it is a bad idea. For that reason I refuse to offer any sort of advice on ways to do it.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #9 - 03/07/10 at 07:38:45

Didn't Burnpgh answer your question?

IP Logged
genejohnson

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/07/10 at 10:04:37

No, I'm starting with a bare frame and engine using a schematic that isn't very clear on the point in question. Gene

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 03/07/10 at 10:20:13

I bypassed mine by shorting across down at the sidestand. All the wires & diodes & the desire to make it not a permanent thing made me do it that way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:20:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sidestand Safety Switch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.